Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery

Subject Topic: Buenos Aires-Puerto madero. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by vilmer on December-02-2006 at 1:26pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
A bit of sunshine for the frozen Texanians. Shot 30-11.
Press the 'F' button for full screen.

Puerto Madero was once the harbor and docs of Buenos Aires. It has ben renovated recently into a high-priced neighborhood/tourist trap.

Canon 10D + 8mm Peleng + Agnos tcpshort.
The pano's are 1.5-2 Mb each. I tried to remove the sun flares as much as possible. Shooting in the sun with the Peleng kind of sucks.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on December-02-2006 at 11:50pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Vilmer

Ok here in Denmark it is raining and my dog wont even go out side........ Nice pictures I wish I could go there....

BTW I can see that you have used Immervision to display your panoramas. I also have Immervision PurePLayer but I cant figure out how to adjust the menu bar. Also how did you insert the thumbnails, and how did you change the icon for the full screen mode?? Am I missing some software?? I cant find these settings in the pure tools :o(

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by smooth on December-03-2006 at 1:36am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Vilmer,

You pano's look quite nice. You could do a little better with your sky blending but all in all very nice.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by vilmer on December-03-2006 at 4:35pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Smooth, yeah I know. From now on i will make that topshot instead if trying to remove the black top-hole in photoshop. Thank you for the comment.
Btw, do you remember we talked in another thread about mounting the tcpshort bracket on my manfrotto rotator? My father made one for me, for 1 bottle of Dutch gin. Anyway, I think Agnos is monitoring this forum:
30 euro plus vat

Morten, Pure tools is only for creating a splash screen, and sun-flares. I'm doing my best to remove them, and here's a program to add them again. Bit weird no? Anyway, you should alter the gui.xml if you want to change to appearance of pureplayer. And since this is not the forum for pureplayer, you can pm me if you want to know more.

Message posted by smooth on December-03-2006 at 10:15pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Vilmer,

Please send me one "top" cube tile with the "black hole" before you adjust in Photoshop. "I might be able to show you a better result" and teach you.

Agnos is a smart man and watches the panorama world. Makes good business sense! Did your Manfrotto to Agnos adaptor work out for you?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by vilmer on December-04-2006 at 1:04pm
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Smooth,
yes, it works fine for me. I must also say that the Agnos equipment is very stable and well manufactured.
The idea of my adaptor is the same as above:

I figured out my problem with the black holes, when I patch the holes, I make a selection around the hole that is to close to the edge, and that gives a visible edge to the patched area. Then I try to patch the edges etc. and that gives a very ugly overall effect in the sky. I will redo the pano's one of these days. If you want to take a look at a top-cube; here's one. It's from the 1st pano.

Greetings,
Vimer

Message posted by smooth on December-04-2006 at 1:52pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Vilmer,

Here is your tile

The Vignetting on the Peleng is causing the dark edges (are you adjusting for this in Camera RAW?)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by vilmer on December-04-2006 at 2:25pm
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
That looks better Smooth!
To be honest, I didn't know that you could adjust vignetting in Camera Raw. I only use the 1st 'adjust' tab. (I just noticed the other tabs because of your reply)
Is the vignetting amount/midpoint value the same for every shot I make with this lens, or do I have to adjust it for every photo?

Greetings,
Vilmer

Message posted by smooth on December-04-2006 at 9:30pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Should be close enough to the same.

Set the Vignetting to 100% the Peleng and the older Sigma F/4 8mm lenses suffer badly from this. The "Midpoint" can vary typically between 10 and 35. Just be sure that you use the same settings for all the images in a panoramic set.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by vilmer on December-05-2006 at 9:41am
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Thanx, Smooth.
I will experiment with those settings. 100% gives a slightly highlighted border.
Btw, which commands did you use in Photoshop for that tile? Did you do anything besides the Patch Tool?
Thank you for your time,
Grts
Vilmer

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register