Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery

Subject Topic: Google Earth Panoramas Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on November-12-2007 at 8:08pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hello friends

I just want to share a couple of panoramas I found on the web. They are made from Google Earth.

Personally I think they are amazing, and it shows a great new way to use our technology

I hope you like them as much as I do

http://taipro360.googlepages.com/Taipei_K-Blvd.htm

http://digitalurban.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-to-create-aerial-panorama-from.html

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by smooth on November-13-2007 at 12:30am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, last year we started doing these.

I did the Sydney Australia Olympic Site

Also, Uluru (Ayers Rock) - The Red Centre

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on November-13-2007 at 11:52am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Smooth

Your examples look absolutely amazing. I love how you can utilize features of these 2 technologies to create something like this.

Where do you wanne go? Ipanema beach in Brazil? The north pole? Now we can take the audience anywhere

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by mskp on November-13-2007 at 12:51pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Morte!

Did you already try it. I just cant found out the way it works. As I am in the south I suppose the input should be negative of the Lat. Long. values, but they take me not very close to where I wanna be. I didnt understand the different screenshots that should be taken. Where place the camera. As you can see, Im lost, but I insist and want to discover how ot works.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by smooth on November-13-2007 at 1:48pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Morten,

Thank you for the praise, it is a very good idea to combine the technologies.

Martin,

Finding the GPS Longitude and Latitude shouldn't be that hard. Most famous landmarks info can be found on Google. Otherwise grab a GPS unit and go to the site!

The method of doing the panos is not that hard once you get your head around it. Just have some nice pano "Sky's' to choose from and "blur" the horizon for a more realistic join.

Unfortunately Panoweaver cannot be used for the stitching.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on November-13-2007 at 1:55pm
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Martin

I have not tried it, but I plan to try it sometime during the next week. I know that there is a tutorial on the net somewhere, and it should only take about 1 hour to make a panorama. I will post a link one of these days when I get the time to sit in front of my computer again.

Best regards

Morten 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by mskp on November-13-2007 at 2:00pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Thanks for your help and advice. Finally I got it. The problem was that the settings I was using were different then the apparently needed ones. Problem with the lat and long. But once I found it out, it is really easy and I just stitched and previewed it in QT to see if the results were satisfying and tell you. Now I need a sky to complete the pano. The night/black sky is not so attractive in this case. So if you have a source where I can get one , welcome.

Regards and thanks, Martin

Message posted by vilmer on November-13-2007 at 2:05pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Martin, try here: http://www.philohome.com/skycollec/skycollec.htm

-------------

Message posted by mskp on November-13-2007 at 9:17pm
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Vilmer!! Thanks for your support and help. Altough the images are small they helped  me to create my first "aerial" panorama. Im sure you will recognize the site.
The 09/21 you have been down there, right??

Heres the link: http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/contenidos/obeliscoaereo/obeliscoaereo.html

Thanks, regards, Martin

Message posted by vilmer on November-13-2007 at 9:51pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Hola Martin!
You're welcome, looks good to me.
yep, I was there. A day to remember. I went there to make a pano of the Obelisco because it was covered in an Argentine and German vlag, and came home with my first in-a-crowd pano's with 12 barely dressed girls promoting condoms on them ;-)

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register