Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Sailing Boat Regatta Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on February-23-2008 at 12:14pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Out today playing with my 15mm Canon Fisheye (6+2) on my Canon 5D, Agnos MrotatorTCPs Panohead.

www.smooth360.com/2008/regatta

Perfect day for it! Hope you like.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on February-24-2008 at 4:55pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Now that is really great !

We used to own a 25 footer.  Sold it after 15 years. Got to be more work than fun.

These apear to be sail boats of a particular class.  That the first time I have seen "roller reefing" on small craft.  The jib is rolled up around the forward stay.

The lake appears to have about the right speed wind... suitable for that size of boat.

What beautiful sail color's  against the blue lake water.

Good Job - thanks for the show and tell.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on February-24-2008 at 10:33pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Cheers Dave,

Nice to have some feedback. Mate, I know nothing about these boats or the class. I simply stumbled across them looking for a spot to shoot some afternoon panoramas.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on February-26-2008 at 12:12pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I have now completed another view, this time with some of the boating boys.

www.smooth360.com/2008/regatta_2

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on February-26-2008 at 5:23pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Canon 15mm fisheye 6+2.  Great color.

Now that we are up close and see people along side.... I understand the boat length.  And the jib is not forward stay wrapped but rather its an inclined mast... how interesting.

Did I mention 'great color' ?  blues, yellows and reds.

That stout fellow putting his foot into the cockpit shows just how much room is available.  "Lonsdale" provides great ballast !

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on February-26-2008 at 11:43pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by 360texas on February-26-2008

Canon 15mm fisheye 6+2.  Great color.

Now that we are up close and see people along side.... I understand the boat length.  And the jib is not forward stay wrapped but rather its an inclined mast... how interesting.

Did I mention 'great color' ?  blues, yellows and reds.

That stout fellow putting his foot into the cockpit shows just how much room is available.  "Lonsdale" provides great ballast !

LOL yes ballast indeed!

Pretty sure he was a repairer as when I ask if I could shoot the panorama with them he was bent over showing how should we say? "Plumbers Crack" crimping the wire. (was more like a bike rack)

Yes, Canon 15mm Fisheye is a very good lens. Colours of coarse were bought to life in my workflow but even still were spectacular anyway.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register