Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery

Subject Topic: First attempt feedback request. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on April-12-2008 at 9:31pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
This is my first attempt at doing a 3x5 bracketed tour. I used Photomatix for the HDR. The shots were bracket of 0EV, +2, +1, -1, -2.  I know some of the windows didn't turn out great, I need to pay more attention to the initial set-up.
Any and all comments will be appreciated.
http://realty360tours.com/pro_tour/145_grandview_idx/_flashvr/TourWeaver_145_grandview_idx.html

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on April-13-2008 at 10:44am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Jerry,  I am assuming your took these images at 4 at 90 around the horizon.  If you only took 3 at 120  just apply the technique.

Interesting and color intense.  Yes, but then as a potential buyer I would not really looking out the window....  meaning  YES I can see some identifyable features,  trees, grass other buildings.  I would be focusing on the property interior layout.

Observations.  The FC-E9 lens is noted for its chromatic abberations as seen in the front outdoor image  ... glowing bark trees.

Photoshop cs3 allows you to open your Nikon 8700 +2, +1, -1, -2 single .jpeg images into Adobe Camera Raw.  Adjust the Chromatic abberation to remove the red fringe in all 4 images.  Adjust the color temperature of all 4 to be same.  Save that set of 4 out as 8bit TIFF's.

Load the next set of 4 images and apply using previous conversion settings.

Repeat wash and rinse for the remaining 2 image set.

Open Photomatix and load that 1st set of 4 and merge into 1 HDR final 8bit tiff.

Repeat wash and rinse for the balance of image sets.

NOW stitch your final set of TIF's into 1 large image

In photoshop... apply sharpening.

Biggest issue I saw with your interior images is the Color Temperature. 

If the images are to yellow  or orange, it means the lighting is incandescent - adjust your camera for incandescent. 

If the images are too blue/ green.. the lighting is flourescent - adjust your camera accordingly.

Where you have known mixed natural outdoor window light, flourescent and incandescent lighting.. it will certainly confuse the camera.  Suggest using a 18% neutral gray card positioned in the scene on the floor  in a test photo.  Later do color correction in photoshop.

Hope this helps

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-13-2008 at 7:00pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Thanks Dave, ever little bit helps in the long run. Unfortuntily I don't have CS3, I am using Elements5. Any way to do it with that program?
I was shooting at 120 with a bracket of 5 shots, 0, +2, +1, -1, -2.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by smooth on April-14-2008 at 12:56am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Jerry,

Dave is correct you really need to fix the chromatic aberration as the glow edges do detract from the panoramas. I'm not sure what the HDR works for your work other than give a feeling of unrealism and gives that funny HDR colour pallet.

All in all it is quite a good tour but is let down because of the limitations of the Coolpix at fullscreen.

Look to PTLens, Adobe Raw Converter or the recently mentioned FM Digital Darkroom Plug-in mentioned in this thread.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-14-2008 at 8:09am
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks Smooth, I have the FM Plug-in and it doesn't seem to work as well with the inside shots. What I am trying to do with the HDR is keep from having the blown-out windows. I seem to be able to get more realistic colors with the HDR as well. When I don't use it the colors are no where close to the actual colors.
Is there any way to fix the crhomatic aberration without CS3?

-------------

Message posted by smooth on April-14-2008 at 10:04am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by realtor jerry on April-14-2008
I seem to be able to get more realistic colors with the HDR as well. When I don't use it the colors are no where close to the actual colors.
Is there any way to fix the crhomatic aberration without CS3?

If you feel these colours are more factual then I believe you need to have your monitor colour calibrated. They are not offensive but to me unnatural.

Fix CA without Photoshop? Sure, as I pointed out in the other thread "PTLens" standalone and plug-in versions exist ($15.00 USD).

It is also possible you make get more realistic "Tone Mapping" with "enfuse" which is free along with "enfuseGUI".

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on April-14-2008 at 4:50pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Hey realtor jerry,

Nice talking with you today Let's get together and shoot some panos sometime!

Dave & Smooth have really covered all the major points of your tour. I have included a link to help with the down size of your image, as the tour loaded very slowly for me.

Image Down Size

Overall nice job!
Regards, Pixel

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-14-2008 at 9:15pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks to everyone. I will try all the links and post an update of this tour after I figure it all out. Took a quick look at PTLens and really like what I saw. Nice talking with you today to Pixel. We will have to work on getting together.

-------------

Message posted by 360texas on April-15-2008 at 9:25am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I think Elements 5 uses Adobe Camera Raw converter.. but only for RAW images  not for .jpg's.

If you are a business, you can write off Photoshop CS3 on your annual income tax as an expense.  And if you have set up a business account with Adobe or other retail store - you can buy Photoshop CS3 and not pay sale tax.  At least here in Texas its this way.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register