Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: New Diggs Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on May-04-2008 at 9:56pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Been working on my site for a while now and decided to go ahead and launch.  I have the gallery to finish along with my pricing.  Also going to include instruction on how to make a virtual tour on the right column.  Maybe those that read will have a better understanding of what it takes to produce a quality vt.

360virtuals.com

Look any better?

Message posted by Vince on May-05-2008 at 1:05am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Easy to get around, but I wonder why you feel the need to tell clients (vs. other VT providers, you know people like us) what equipment you use?

Message posted by smooth on May-05-2008 at 2:42am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Pixel,

I like the layout it is very good and the logo look sweet.

Your wording in the first paragraph is a little over the top with Virtuals and Carolina's.

Yours reads:

Charlotte virtual tours can easily be created by 360 Virtuals. The virtual tour business of 360 Virtuals is located just south of Charlotte, NC. in Fort Mill, SC. Virtually covering the Carolina's, 360 Virtuals offers vt photography and tours from the panoramic views of the blue ridge mountains to the sandy shores of the outer banks. 

Maybe it just because I'm not from your parts or the fact I'm Australian but I feel it would better read something like this:

Virtual Tours of Charlotte can easily be created by 360 Virtuals. The photography tour business of 360 Virtuals is located just south of Charlotte, NC. just over the boarder in Fort Mill, SC. Covering the Carolina's, 360 Virtuals offers virtual reality photography tours from the panoramic views of the blue ridge mountains to the sandy shores of the outer banks.

I'm not even sure that's any better after reading it back?

I also have to agree with Vince, there is no need to educate the clients in the "exact" equipment and software. I would simply state that you use a variety of top of the range equipment and software. I do understand from the photography point of view though. Maybe this could be limited to a one page buried deeper sub area for people who wish to dig or be pointed too? More of an about me and what I use page.

Again, I do like the design.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Vince on May-05-2008 at 3:14am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
How about . . .
"Located in historic Fort Mill South Caroline, just south of Charlotte North Caroline, 360 Virtuals is ideally situated to cover all of the Carolina's. From the stunning vistas of the Blue Ridge Mountains to the sandy shores of the outer banks, we are proud to provide the finest virtual tours available."

As an aside, how do you like the Alien Bees? I have seen mixed reviews of them.

Vince

Message posted by pixelator on May-05-2008 at 8:43am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Vince on May-05-2008Easy to get around, but I wonder why you feel the need to tell clients (vs. other VT providers, you know people like us) what equipment you use?

Vince, I did give this some thought. My reasoning behind it is this, give the client an education. This little bit of education will, hopefully show the client that my $5,000-$6,000 investment in equipment and software will produce a higher quality VT. As far as other VT providers, again I do not mind showing what I use for the simple fact I do not compete with a $79.00, 6-10 room VT. If at anytime someone else from this area gets into the business of creating virtual tours from reading my site, they will find a hefty upfront investment and will hopefully charge a higher rate. This helps both of us by setting a higher standard along with higher prices. I really feel the more education you give the end user, they will recognize the work load it takes to create a high quality VT.

Quote: Originally posted by smooth on May-05-2008

Pixel,

I like the layout it is very good and the logo look sweet.

Your wording in the first paragraph is a little over the top with Virtuals and Carolina's.

Regards, Smooth

Smooth, you stating my logo looks sweet has just sent me running through the house jumping up and down As far as the wording, not to much difference between here and there. I used all that Charlotte, Carolina, VT, Virtual Tour to simply make it to the top of google. I will now take a look at rephrasing it a bit.
Quote: Originally posted by Vince on May-05-2008As an aside, how do you like the Alien Bees? I have seen mixed reviews of them.

VinceI like them Vince, I have also read mixed reviews but I would buy them again. I am a true beginner in portrait photography though, not sure if my recommendation means a lot. I do know that the white balance issue has been corrected with the new fold able softbox.I have added some of my feeble attempts for you.

My Studio

The Wife

Daughter At Christmas

Rubber Ducky

Thanks guys for the feedback,
P

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-05-2008 at 9:52am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
Hi Pixel

You have been kind enough to encourrage me to go out and provide stills to clients, and make me trust that I can actually shoot stills (and now I've got 2 clients who also want stills).
I have some experience with marketing and would love to help you in return - as much as I can.

First off I need to know a bit about the market in the US as it seems to be much different compared to Denmark.

In Denmark, my biggest challenge isn't that I have to convince clients to choose me and not my competitor. My biggest challenge is that most people don't know what I talk about when I mention "Virtual Tour" or Panoramas. The only experience most people have with panoramas are crappy examples from realtors. And really - there's no comparison.

So my challenge is that I need to educate potential customers and show them the possibilities of a virtual tour:
1) The quality of the panoramas
2) The design features in the skins
3) All the added features. Interactive floorplan, stills, text areas and so on.

Therefore I have to focus on how and what it is that brings value to the clients.
What do you think the client cares most about: a) How I actually produce a panorama b) the quality of a panorama?

In marketing we have a model called AIDA. It stands for

A-ttention
I-interest
D-esire
A-ction

It can be used as a guideline to how you should create all marketing materials. Including av web site.

I can show you a couple of web sites that I consider pretty good - from a marketing perspective.

Garry @ www.360panoramics.co.uk (this is actually made from a template that you can buy cheaply)

www.virtually-anywhere.com

Good luck with the rest of the site.

Regards
Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register