Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery

Subject Topic: Property Done With New Toys Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on June-30-2008 at 11:53pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Received a new Canon 40D for fathers day and put it to the test a couple of days ago. First let me say that the tour was shot with a brand new camera and then came home and made the upgrade purchase of TW 3. For those of you not wanting to spend the big $ on the wired remote shutter release from Canon, I highly recommend the phottix. It can be used as a wired or wireless remote. Placed the order on June 20 and received it today June 30. The cost was $34.00 with a $13.00 shipping charge. The item is sold on ebay and can be found HERE
I posted the link to youtube because once this item is finished, so is the link.

Any ways have a look at the finished product using my new toys.

VIEW TOUR

Thanks for look'n
Pixel

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-01-2008 at 8:21am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Very nice Pixel, did you bracket all the shots? Seems like you have the stitching down. I could not find any stitching errors. I'm still working to get mine set just right, still off just a bit.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by pixelator on July-01-2008 at 8:43am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by realtor jerry on July-01-2008
Very nice Pixel, did you bracket all the shots? Seems like you have the stitching down. I could not find any stitching errors. I'm still working to get mine set just right, still off just a bit.

Thanks Jerry,
All shots were bracketed...15 shots per pano. Should you open the MBR you will find one error just above and to the right of the T.V cabinet in the crown modeling. Must have bumped the tri-pod or something.

All shots processed in PSCS3 to tweak the lens correction and saved as .tif. Then run them through Photomatix and off to PW5 for stitching.

Is PW 5 asking you for mis-match points? You may need to tweak your NPP just a bit.

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-01-2008 at 9:58am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I am having mismatched points with the up shot with no good matching points on the ceiling. Am I understanding you correctly that you merge in Photomatix before you stitch? I have been stitching then Photomatix and then Photoshop. Are you shooting in RAW?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by pixelator on July-01-2008 at 10:25am
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Are you taking the up shot after the last stop in rotation while on that stop?

You are in understanding, this is why the 360 image box is grayed out and unable to use for me in Photomatix.

My workflow;
Shoot RAW...always no matter what
Open RAW files in PSCS 3, select all images, select lens calibration, set the following

Once this process has finished, I open the .tif files in Photomatix select HDR and save.
Open PW5 navigate to the saved images from Photomatix and stitch.

This works for me and I am usually happy with the results. Each of us have our own work flow, just a matter of what you are comfortable with.

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-01-2008 at 12:47pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
If you click on the little grayed out check box for 360 in Photomatix it will make the adjustment and show a check in the box but it takes a few seconds to make the change.
I take the up shot at the same location of the last around shot.
I have not tried your method, maybe I'll give it a try. Always looking to improve on my workflow.

-------------

Message posted by pixelator on July-01-2008 at 4:06pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

I spoke with Photomatix about this issue over the weekend, it must be a 360 image before the 360 image checkbox can be used.  i.e image must be very wide.  When processing the way that I am (3 drums) the 360 image checkbox is not available to use.

I must give it to Photomatix though.  After several emails on this issue it was found that I paid for an upgrade and did not need to.  Photomatix refunding the cost of upgrade!  Nice to know there are still good people out there.

Give it a try Jerry, you will find it will speed things up.  You stitch only once not three times.

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-01-2008 at 5:39pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Don't understand what Photomatix is talking about. I can click on the 360 box regardless of what kind of picture I have loaded, still or pano, and it will even out the sides. Basically that's all it does, even the sides for when it wraps as a pano. However I do agree that you would not use the 360 box with a drum image, you would only use it on the stitched panos that you have merged. I use it sometimes on HDR stills just for the effect.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register