Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Spring 2008 in Country Australia Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on September-21-2008 at 10:26am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

My Ride Spring 2008 panorama

The scene: is in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia on 19th September 2008. This is one of my old 1960 FB Holden Station Sedan (Wagon) genuine 37,000 mile car. Out for a "rare" cruise on a sunny afternoon on my way to my sons 20th Birthday BBQ night.

Equipment: 8 image panorama 7 over 9 brackets + 1 Nadir shot hand held to create a fused IDR (Increased Dynamic Range) panorama using the Nikon D300 and Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye on Nodal Ninja 5 (Beta) panohead.

Comments?

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by realtor jerry on September-21-2008 at 11:28am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Nice ride Smooth, country side not much different my area of the US. Never heard the term "7 over 9 brackets" what does mean? Just wish I could get that quality out of my D300/10.5.
PS: still having the problem even with the new camera of the split images. I think it has something to do with the transfer from the camera to PS Elements5. They will look fine on the back of the camera but be split after transfer.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Vince on September-21-2008 at 2:04pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
I haven't seen a water bag like that in a long time! Wonderful as always.
Vince

P.S. if you ever want to share more photos of the car, feel free.

Message posted by smooth on September-21-2008 at 2:40pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by realtor jerry on September-21-2008
Never heard the term "7 over 9 brackets" what does mean?

Simply means I shot 9 bracketed shots in 7 positions 6 rotation positions + Zenith/T and than one Nadir/B shot without bracketing (hand held) =  64 individual images in total. (8 separate positions as usual with this combination 6+TB)

Quote: Originally posted by Vince on September-21-2008

I haven't seen a water bag like that in a long time! Wonderful as always.
Vince

P.S. if you ever want to share more photos of the car, feel free.

The water bags as very rarely seen in Australia anymore either.

Asking me to show more on my pride and joy is like asking a mother to show photos of her baby!

Check out more here a random panorama and a little bit on the 45 RPM fitted Auto record player here 

Appreciate the feedback

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mskp on September-22-2008 at 9:19am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Smooth!
As always nice pano. I think I soon will ask for some more lessons. This time regarding bracketing. I like the almost "magic hour" light very much.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by DorinDXN on September-26-2008 at 6:03am
View DorinDXN's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DorinDXN Search   Visit DorinDXN's Homepage www   Quote DorinDXN Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DorinDXN
Standard Member
Standard Member
Romania
December-10-2006
16 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on September-21-2008

My Ride Spring 2008 panorama

Comments?

Only a bit unleveled, otherwise a great job as allways you do.

thanks for sharing,
Dorin

Message posted by smooth on September-26-2008 at 9:40am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Dorin,

Thank you for your comment, please advise where you feel it is unlevel as I have already leveled this panorama. I would like to know what you are measuring level against. Always good to have another's perspective.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by DorinDXN on September-27-2008 at 7:38am
View DorinDXN's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DorinDXN Search   Visit DorinDXN's Homepage www   Quote DorinDXN Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DorinDXN
Standard Member
Standard Member
Romania
December-10-2006
16 Posts

Hi Smooth, the pano is a bit unleveled about 0.5 pitch and 1.7 roll, although hardly one can fell that amount, still is there,  one can check that if, say, in DevalVR place a "supose to be vertical" feature like the near by electric mast in left side of the screen, tilt and pan in viewer until the mast is aligned with left edge of the screen then pressing only the left arrow key one pan in viewer until the mast reach the right edge, if that is not aligned with the right edge that is a sign of unlevel.  

I done a leveling using pano2vr to convert your pano in equirectangular then ptgui to level it and I assigned CP on two masts on both side of the car, next  on the mast with triangle sign on top  and in opposite direction on one distant mast.

Dorin

Message posted by smooth on September-27-2008 at 8:32am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Thanks Dorin it's a fair call, but neither of those objects is factually horizontal and that is why I asked what you had leveled against. I can see that you would assume them to be that way and possibly correcting it would please the pixel pickers via a viewer but it would not to true to the real scene.

You are probably right though, and I should adjust it for such observers.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register