Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery

Subject Topic: The Dish Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on January-04-2009 at 1:01am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The Dish as it is commonly called is located around 20 klms from the New South Wales country town of  Parkes, Australia. It is a radio telescope that was used during the Apollo moon landing (Read More) Measuring a whopping 64 metres across (210 feet+) and still fully functional. "The Dish" was made more famous with the release of the movie  of the same title in the year 2000.

This is the first completed panorama of mine for 2009 (although I have shot many others, yet to be processed!) This one was shot on 2nd January 2009 which was a nice bright summers day with my Nikon D300, Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye, f/11.0, 1/1000th sec, ISO 200 and 4 Faux exposures were extracted from the RAW images. -3ev, -1ev(shot), +1ev and +3ev. This allowed for a "Fused" image for increased dynamic range (IDR). I also had fitted the Solmeta GPS for easy geo plotting.

I shot 6 images in rotation (@ 60 degrees) tilted 15 degrees down, 1 up/zenith shot tilted up 65 degrees, 1 hand held down/nadir shot at a wobbly 90 degrees approx and an extra shot to get catch the Australian Flag in the breeze so I could edit it in later.

Final image was 11700x5850 pixels and 522mb 16bit. I have reduced it to 6000x3000 and 3.5mb for full-screen Internet display.

Click here or click the image above to view the panorama.

Many more for 2009 to come

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-04-2009 at 8:36am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Great as always Smooth. Is Gizza Squiz going to be a new site of yours.
Question: If you only take one zenith shot tilted up 65 degrees, how does that cover the entire zenith?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by smooth on January-08-2009 at 3:20am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by realtor jerry on January-04-2009
Great as always Smooth. Is Gizza Squiz going to be a new site of yours.
Question: If you only take one zenith shot tilted up 65 degrees, how does that cover the entire zenith?

Hello Jerry,

Gizz-a-Squiz is a website I plan to get into when I can find some time. 65 degrees is more than enough to cover the Zenith although Panoweaver cannot handle this style of stitching at this stage.

Today I added my final panorama of 2008 online.

This one was shot with the Canon 5D, Canon 15mm Fisheye and Bracketed over 3 shots -2ev, 0ev and +2ev with the overexposed images taking 29 seconds each. I shot 6 in rotation -15 degrees and 1 up/zenith shot at +65 degrees. I totally faked the nadir and I know it is not perfect, I faked it simply because I couldn't hold the camera anywhere near still enough for a 29 second exposure. Also I was carrying limited equipment. So New Years Eve for me was a quite affair shooting this old sandstone railway station whilst away for a few days with the wife and daughter in country New South Wales.

Original stitched image sized is 11538x5769 507mb reduced to 6000x3000 2.7mb for Internet display.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register