Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Ship tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by willie on April-26-2009 at 3:53pm
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi,

I thought I would share this tour with you as I dont get the opportunity to have a personal tour round a ship by the Chief Engineer very often. These panos were purely for fun and not a commercial exercise and a welcome change from the usual property stuff.

Enjoy and comment (good and bad) if you want to.

http://ipan360.co.uk/logoshope/tour/

Willie

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-27-2009 at 8:24am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Very nice, lot of great shots that you will probably never get a chance to take again.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by leescott on April-27-2009 at 9:43pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Nice shots and your layout is really cool. I like the hide away menus and buttons.

How do you do the mirrored tripod cap?

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by willie on April-28-2009 at 3:51am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi leescott

Thanks for the comments. The mirror ball is really easy to create in Photoshop. I will explain using keyboard strokes as I do it that way and only takes a few seconds. I avoid using the mouse.

1. open the pano in photoshop

2. CTRL J (to copy image)

3. press M (to select the rectangular marquee tool)

4. drag the 'marching ants' from top of image down to where the tripod legs appear. Do not allow any part of the tripod within the selection.

5. CTRL T

6. drag the top edge of the transform box right down to the bottom of the image to cover the tripod.

7. the next steps are down to what you prefer, ie flatten the image or save as layers etc, but whatever you do, the two layers need to be combined.

My normal workflow is to create the mirror ball last and before I resize and convert to JPEG. I dont flatten the TIFF with the mirror ball layer as it leaves me options if required and it only takes a few seconds to create anyway.

Hope you understand my instructions.

A while back someone in this forum discribed this procedure and suggested a website ... I think it was pixelator.

http://panohead.net/howto.asp?p=p5

Willie

Message posted by pebbles on May-20-2009 at 6:52am
View pebbles's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pebbles Search   Visit pebbles's Homepage www   Quote pebbles Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pebbles
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
May-20-2009
1 Posts

Very well done. What steps did you take to create Resume Autoviewer link? I cannot do that....

Thanks in advance

pebs.

Message posted by willie on May-22-2009 at 4:51pm
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi Pebs, and welcome to the forum

The make an auto resume button appear and dissapear is really quite easy.

1. create a button.

2. set the type as toggle

3. add text in the text window

4. click on the little icon to the right of "toggle button"

5. select "image" option and leave every thing else blank

6. go to the actions tab

7. expand "Scene & Movie"

8. scroll down and select Play/pause movie.

9. fill in the panel as required. Usually "Current Movie"

and you're done.

Hope that helped

Willie

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-09-2009 at 8:17pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Oh nice work Willie! Don't normally remember to look this far down the forum page but I'm glad I did - love the photos. Top stuff - esp from someone in the locality.

Forrest

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by willie on June-10-2009 at 8:02am
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Forrest, I hope your health returns and you get back to shooting panos soon. You know this Scottish "sunny weather" season is usually very short lived.

Cheers,

Willie

Message posted by realtor jerry on June-10-2009 at 9:28am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Forest. Hope you are back up and running real soon.

Willie, thanks for the tutorial, I didn't know that was available. I will be using it on all of my tours in the future.

That's what I love about this forum, everyone is willing to share those little "secrets" they happen to stumble upon.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-10-2009 at 10:48am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Cheers guys - yeah we may already have had the best of the weather here! Whats really ticking me off is that since most of my shots are outdoors ones in busy towns I use the summer months to get up early and get the photos done early. I have to say I've found bracketing a REAL help here because of the very bright and low early morning sun - which caused me a few problems last year. Even if I don't HDR the images, I do have a much larger bank of alternative exposures to go from because I find that easier to work with that RAW shooting due to the numbers of scenes I take.

Also, even if I bracket for 9 shots (extreme but stick with me here) then I find that I only maybe need to use 2 or 3 of those bracketed sequences when I get home - but at least I have them. My inexperienced previous shoots would see me not do this and have to re-shoot one day.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register