Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Full Screen on Mt Panorama #2 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on August-09-2004 at 10:37am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hey all!

Well I just finished another full-screen panorama I took the same day as my last one only I just got around to stitching it today.

The shot is taken at "The Esses" just on the downhill run of Mount Panorama Race Track at Bathurst Australia. Home of the Bathurst 1000 and Bathurst 24 hour car races.

Although not entirely stitched with Panoweaver, I did use Panoweaver to do the cubic conversion for editing and then returning to equirectangular before making a quick time movie with Panocube Plus.

The equipment used was Canon 10D, Sigma 8mm Fisheye Lens sitting on top of a Velbon Sherpa Tripod, Manfrotto #222 quick-grip ball head and Kaidan Twin Axis Panohead. Time to complete approx 5 hours including shooting and mucking about!  

This panorama was made using 8 fisheye photographs.

You will find it and others on the linked page.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by marktold on August-09-2004 at 11:51am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

I like the way you wrote your stuff on the street. Like on bike races. Another nice touch would be if you had added it to the side were the advertisement BOB JANE and stuff is.

Nice view from up there. And nice stiching.

I also thought it good that you included your settings, Camera and stuff. I will put mine in the siganture so I have them for show and tell.

Regards Markus

Message posted by smooth on August-09-2004 at 12:31pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Thanks Markus,

My first thought was to add it too the "crash" wall but figured once is enough! I will one day do more on the race track and use that idea. Seeing the track is almost in my backyard.

Yes! I think adding the camera equipment used in this "Gallery" area is a good idea.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by scd67 on August-17-2004 at 11:11am
View scd67's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by scd67 Search   Quote scd67 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
scd67
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-19-2004
44 Posts

Nice stuff smooth!  You always provide us with a target to shoot for 

How did you use 8 fisheyes to stitch one image?  Being the naive beginner that I am, I only know of a way to use 3.  What are the advantages of using more?

Message posted by smooth on August-17-2004 at 12:55pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the comments.

Mate, 8 fisheyes are stitched with a combination of different programs to achieve my results. This is not by choice! Oh no! it is because as yet their is no program that will stitch 8 images from my Camera and Lens combination that I have manage to get my head around.

Obviously, more images will give higher resolution and thus bigger images to view. It's not only the fact that there is 8 images - there are 8x 6.3 mega pixel images.

Remember, A digital SLR has a much bigger sensor then a compact digital and this provides a bigger "DOT" in the DPI that's why a 4 mega pixel Digital SLR gives a better image then a 8 mega pixel compact digital camera. 

Easypano I believe are working on a solution that might just solve this problem in a later/future software release.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by scd67 on August-17-2004 at 8:08pm
View scd67's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by scd67 Search   Quote scd67 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
scd67
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-19-2004
44 Posts

Sounds like a lot of work!  But, I must say again, the images are phenomenal!  I actually didn't know much about SLRs, that single sentence actually is very useful to know.  I'm learning, slowly but surely.

So, from what I've seen the Easypano conversion from equirectangular to cubic and then back to equirectangular doesn't do much to degrade the quality?  In my research it seems like quite a few use this method.  Is it safe to assume it's safe?

-S.

Message posted by smooth on August-18-2004 at 1:24am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

So long as you always save in a non lossy format like *.bmp or *.tiff etc.

Doing this with *.jpg will always reduce the quality.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register