Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery

Subject Topic: Italy VRs Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by steiner on August-11-2004 at 7:55am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

HI all

I've been away for a while now but back with a few VRs to show.  I'm sure they're not perfect (I'm new to this) but the Agnos Mrotator really helped a great deal.  Have a look at:

http://www.condottiero.com/ and choose 'Photos'

I've saved these as RealTime Vrs rather than PTviewer.  Is this wise or is PTviewer a better choice for the general public?  I'd prefer QuickTime but don't see any option for this in PanoWeaver.

One tech question, I realise I can place a logo on the floor to cover the rotator mount, but is there a way of 'fixing' the ceiling?  Anyone know of a good tutotial?  I'm using a Nikon 8700.

All feedback appreciated!

Cheers

Steiner

Message posted by marktold on August-11-2004 at 10:27am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Hi there

You can only save to QuickTime format from Panoweaver if you convert to cubic.

Remember though Java 95 % of Computers, Quicktime about 10%

Java Download about 50 KB, Quicktime about 8 MB

So I go for Java with small panos as you have them, once you go bigger QT is the only choice I think.

PTviewer lets you add own splash gif and you can fix your own navigation.

I dont get that much problems on outdoor shots with 3 shots as you took them.

Did you use EA lock. I guess you must have. Anyhow I usually go to PhotoShop and use the healing brush to fix minor errors on the top.

Hope this helps.

PS what Angos Mrotator did you use?

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by marktold on August-11-2004 at 10:31am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

You mentioned that your avarage file size is 1 MB. I did not check it but if this is true they are way to big.

Id say for the size you are presenting 300 KB is the max you should have. Play around with you .jpg compression.

Markus

Message posted by steiner on August-11-2004 at 10:47am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Thanks for the feedback - sounds like Java is the choice for now then. 

Re. the rotator, I used the MrotatorB FC-E9 with the support bracket for the 8700.  Lovely piece of kit and far more affordable and simple to work with than the Kaidan head.

Cheers

Message posted by smooth on August-11-2004 at 2:34pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Steiner,

Great to see you back and up and running.

You should for web display reduce the size of you images to 1400x700 or 1500x750 and compress in Photoshop (Save for Web) to about 60 to 75% try and get the size under 300 kb with clarity.

Personally I would not use the iSeeMedia/MGI Zoom applet. I would stick to the PTViewer Applet.

Using the "Clone and Healing Tools" in Photoshop will get the images into shape! There are plenty of tutorials on these tools around.

I'm glad you have had better success with the Agnos MrotatorB over the Kaidan set up you had so much trouble with.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on August-11-2004 at 4:56pm
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Thanks Smooth - you were very helpful throughout that 'black' period.  :)

I'll give the PTviewer a go - hadn't used it as my floor and ceilings need work. 

Re. the clone/heal tools, I have used them a bit but it's not easy to see the match points on a spherical image.  Do you need to work on a cubic image (to see the top and bottoms stiched together)?

Message posted by smooth on August-12-2004 at 12:48am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Steiner,

Here is a job layout to follow.

• Stitch Images then save result as *.bmp 3000x1500
  • Import saved *.bmp into Panoweaver and convert to cubic
  • Save cubic *.bmp
  • Open Photoshop and clone out errors (Zenith and Nadir) are the bottom two images. (Be careful not to modify edges of cubed images)
  • Import cubed/repaired *.bmp into Panoweaver
  • Convert back to spherical equirectangular panorama (save as *.bmp)
  • Open spherical panorama in Photoshop and sharpen image to desired effect save as *.bmp and resize for web display 1500x750
  • Import again into Panoweaver and output as *.jpg <300kb with PTViewer applet size your choice (400x300 is good) and HTML

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by marktold on August-12-2004 at 2:22am
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Steiner

Smooth discribes allmost the way I do it with one little change. You can stich directly cubic. So you save one step :-)

Time is money. Also sometimes I converting images from cubic to spheric can leave you with black lines from the cubic edges. Makes sure to have a visual quality control on your sharpening step.

Regards Markus

Message posted by PANO4YOU on August-12-2004 at 4:17am
View PANO4YOU's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by PANO4YOU Search   Visit PANO4YOU's Homepage www   Quote PANO4YOU Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
PANO4YOU
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
June-14-2004
52 Posts

it seems the java version is best to reach all...... PCs Mac Linux....

but I love the QT quality and the sound effects you can do !

My workflow:

- Stitch spheric with max size in max jpg with PW PRO

- Workout (color, brightness, seams, sharpness) in PS

- Convert cubic PW PRO

- Workout (floor, ceiling, logo) in PS

- Convert spheric PW PRO

- QTVR with PANOCUBE to add autorotate and default pan,..

- (LiveStagePro for Sound, hotpspot,..)

- TW if JAVA required !

Sven

Message posted by steiner on August-12-2004 at 6:05am
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on August-12-2004

Steiner,

Here is a job layout to follow.

Hi fellas

Many thanks for this.  I had actually come very close to this, except I'd output to a high res JPEG at the start which is obviously less desireable.  I'll redo the images using BMP.  Once I get this down pact, it'll be time for TourWeaver - gulp.  Does that app come with help files/tutorials?  I suppose it must!

Thanks again!

Steiner

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register