Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Product Suggestion

Subject Topic: smooth360 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by sky360 on October-03-2007 at 6:28pm
View sky360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sky360 Search   Quote sky360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sky360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-30-2007
4 Posts
http://www.superrune.com/technical [...] ocubic.php  what do think about this tech... ?

Message posted by smooth on October-04-2007 at 1:33am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You ask my opinion because it is your product or you would like to know it you should buy it to use?

I don't use it and have no real reason too.

But that said, it appears to do everything it suggests.

Maybe if you ask a few more questions about what you would like to achieve I could offer a different/alternative work flow using products you perhaps already have.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by sky360 on October-04-2007 at 6:40pm
View sky360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sky360 Search   Quote sky360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sky360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-30-2007
4 Posts

NO, ITS NOT MY PROUDUCT I HAVE READ ALOT OF YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS AND HAVE SEEN YOUR WORK AND HOPE TO BE AT YOUR LEVEL OF WORK  SOMEDAY.I DO VIRTUAL TOURS OF HOME'S AND USE  A 1 SHOT LENS AND CAN'T SEEM TO PLEASE MY CLIENTS.THE PICTURE NEVER SEEM TO LOOK GOOD UNLESS PLAYED  IN A SMALL VIEWER . I HAVE A NIKON D80 AND WOULD LIKE TO DO 360 X 360 PICTURES.I USE VOYAGER 360 TO HOST MY TOURS .THEY OFFER A 2 SHOOT LENS WITH REALVIZ 5.5 STICHER WHICH WON'T WORK WITH MY CAMERA.THE PICTURES LOOK BETTER TO ME THAN THE ONE SHOT LENS BUT STILL DON'T SEEM TO BE AS CLEAR  AS 4+2 SHOTS I HAVE SEEN WITH SIGMA 8MM FISHEYE LENS.I WOULD LIKE TO DO MORE THAN JUST HOME'S TOURS AND WOULD BE GREATFUL IF YOU WOULD TELL ME THE BEST WAY TO GET CLEAR 360 X 360 SHOT'S, WHAT SETUP AND SOFTWARE TO USE WITH MY NIKON D80.WHAT DO YOU THINK OF REALVIZ SOFTWARE I KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF 3D VISTA ,THANKS FOR THE INFO.I KNOW IT TAKE'S MORE THAN JUST THE RIGHT SET UP. I WAS LEAD TO BELIEVE THE ONE SHOT LENS WAS THE WAY TO GO.I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE PRODUCT I JUST WANT TO STEP UP MY WORK AND DO MORE.ONE MORE ? IS THERE ANYWAY TO TURN A ONE SHOT PICTURE IN TO A 360 X 360 AND A LOGO AT THE BOTTOM ?

Message posted by sky360 on October-04-2007 at 7:26pm
sky360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-30-2007
4 Posts
RealViz Stitcher 5.6 Unlimited DS sorry wrong software info

Message posted by smooth on October-05-2007 at 9:01am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Firstly the images you aspire too are 360x180 not 360x360 (I believe that was an iP*x marketing thing) You can pan around 360 degrees and pan up 90 degrees and pan down 90 degrees making the 180.

One-Shot lenses are usable for low quality panoramas and should not really be displayed larger than maybe 640x480 with 400x300 the norm. The one-shot lens has it's place, but has never been for high quality nor full screen display.

I suggest you use your D80 and a Sigma 8mm Fisheye or Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye. Also the Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye is an option. You will need a good panorama head and I suggest and recommend Agnos MrotatorTCPS.

The stitching software is important and what you have most likely does the job fine (although I have never used it) I use Panoweaver 5.0 and PTGui for some tougher projects. For speed you really can't go past Panoweaver 5.0 If you are to be doing "tours" Tourweaver 3.0 is the best on the market still. Even after the latest release of the "so called" opposition. 

I had a play with the "Scripts" you suggested in the first post of this thread and I have to say it is very good at what it does. (Being Free or Donate-ware) makes it good value. I still personally have no real use for it in my workflow.

When it's all said and done the equipment and software is only the start. Knowledge and experience is a vital ingredient. Photographers take beautiful photographs, Real Estate agents take pictures! Some are very good at blending the two.....

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register