Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Marketing strategies Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by cuetoyou on June-09-2005 at 5:14pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Thanks to all of you who responded. Lots of good info, much appreciated.

Cheers
Glenn

Message posted by WideEyes on June-09-2005 at 10:04pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi Glenn

Very good post you have started.

Just want to contribute to my experiences in Denmark.

In the realtor market the competition is very intence in Denmark, so I try to reach segments outside this branch. Try to identify potential buyers, to whom no one else are targeting. I have had good experiences with these segments:

- Hotels (probably obvious)

- Restaurants

- Camping sights (dont know the exact English word, but it is where campers come with their tents, autocampers and so on)

- Golf courts (just "discovered" this segment and must say with a very positive response)

The way I reach my customers is to call them, explain some of the benifits and qualities of a virtual tour, then I arrange a presentation. Often the customer is a little relucant because of the price, but then explain what they get. a fotographer comes to them, setting up the equipment, taking the pictures, post production and at last the panos are given to them and they can distribute them as they like. I also tell them the benifits of my way of producing the panos compared to i.e. iPix.

A great marketing tip is to always keep your own logo covering the tripod. Competitors often look at each other sites, so it is a good way to brand your self.

I have also had some luck writing companies with low quality panos telling them how bad they are, and how I can make them much better. It is a bit bold but surprisingly effective. Just got a deal with a chain of 5 fitness centres this way.

Hope you can use reply.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve 

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register