Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Quicktime VR .mov hangs Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on August-01-2005 at 11:20am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Mark,

Sure, this was done some months ago when the Royal Show came to town. Myself and the wife shot down the road and decided to have a go at some pano's at the show at night (*thinking it might make for a nice pano).

It is a 4 shot panorama using a Canon 10D DSLR with Sigma 8mm and stitched with Panoweaver 4.0. The ISO was pumped up to 800 and shot at around 1/40th sec (from memory!) It did take some work in Photoshop to remove the tripod head and fix some shadows and remove some ghost from moving people.

This is really not that hard of a panorama to produce but it would be classed as "advanced" because of the extra Photoshop work. But, I believe it will not take you long to get to this with some help from the forum and some tenacity.

I don't think Jook has much to worry about!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Mark_nl on August-01-2005 at 11:51am
View Mark_nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Mark_nl Search   Visit Mark_nl's Homepage www   Quote Mark_nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Mark_nl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
July-30-2005
33 Posts

Thanks so much for your detailed answer again Smooth, really helpful! 

I hesitated to ask because I've seen post on these forums about using other software than Panoweaver and I'm not sure if forum rules allow discussing it, so a bit confused there... Anyway I was very glad to read you used PW4 for this beauty.

Probably a very stupid question, but you say that you had to remove the tripod head... and I know I've asked sort of the same question before, but did you not have to remove the three pods as well?

Sorry to keep asking so many questions... but I think I'm about ready to buy it all and start shooting. Next post will be "my pano won't stitch properly"

Regards, Mark

Message posted by smooth on August-01-2005 at 12:11pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Mark,

Mate, I have an online shop for panorama products at www.smooth360.info and I always offer advise to my customers if you think this will help you with future concerns outside of the forums.

You are right, although sometimes we do talk about "other" software products we do not like posts that recommend opposition products. That said, we do know why sometimes people use different approaches and each post is considered before action. (Remembering that Easypano own and run the forum it is only right it is mainly about their products).

Removing the "Tripod Head Image" (when looking straight down) is done in many ways. But, typically what we would do is stitch the panorama into spherical form and save that image as a master. Then using the same image convert from spherical to cubic (this allows much easier editing of the Zenith and Nadir) We "Clone - Heal - Patch" the tripod/panohead and tripod legs from the picture until completely gone. (Same for the "Zenith Star") Once we are happy we then save that image (all the time .bmp format) and re-convert the image back to spherical and save again. Now, the final step is to "sharpen" the image in Photoshop and get the final finished result. Then we make the panorama applet and html or panorama.mov and html.

Don't worry about the "my pano won't stitch properly" question. It is expected at some point and if it's not that question I'm sure you will find another!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Mark_nl on August-01-2005 at 12:25pm
View Mark_nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Mark_nl Search   Visit Mark_nl's Homepage www   Quote Mark_nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Mark_nl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
July-30-2005
33 Posts

Seen your shop Smooth a few days ago, and that is what confused me even more... you being a forum moderator here... Of course I understand Easypano owns and runs this forum, would be weird if it was different.

Thanks for the detailed explanation (again!) on the tripod head removal, you really explain things well, in a way that even I understand it right away.

Already thinking of what to ask besides "my pano won't stitch" 

Thanks again and kind regards,

Mark

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register