Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: canon rebel xt(350D) nodal Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by cuetoyou on August-16-2005 at 6:08am
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Interested to read Dave suggesting to "level up" on each image. I thought I had read on more that one occasion that this was a "no no". Level up on the first image only. Did I dream this can someone tell me?

Glenn

Message posted by 360texas on August-16-2005 at 9:11am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Suggest you might try taking the image sets using both techniques.  Level on first image only.  AND levelling up on each image.  Try stitching both sets and look at the results.

We found that Leveling on first only.. can and often does cause a tilt up/down stair step affect in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th image relative to the horizon which causes unnecssary stitching issues.  It might be because of our specific pan head hardware.

Levelling the pan head at each click stop assures that each of the following images are in fact level with the horizon.

Just a thought on the matter.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on August-16-2005 at 10:33am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is not recommended to re-level on each step. In fact all panoheads I have owned the manufacturers recommend that you never re-level after setting up the first shot.

My personal testing of this method confirms it makes things go pear shaped. Thus, I strongly advise against it. But, if you have nothing better to do you might want to test it for yourself! Dave seems to think it works - but I suggest this is only as a result of his odd panorama head camera combination.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by adavis2 on October-20-2005 at 8:01pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts

I've got someone suggesting i save the money on the 20D and get this rebel xt.  It looks like you had some slight obsticals using the xt and the agnos rotator.  Did you ever get the ceiling to match up? I looked on your site and didn't see any samples... if you've got any using this setup i'd like to see it, thanks!

Message posted by Thomas on October-21-2005 at 2:21am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
You can save still more money and get a used 300D saving for a Canon 5D with 15mm fullframe fisheye once the prices will go down after Christmas ..

Message posted by smooth on October-21-2005 at 2:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Thomas on October-21-2005
You can save still more money and get a used 300D saving for a Canon 5D with 15mm fullframe fisheye once the prices will go down after Christmas ..

Aren't we all?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on October-21-2005 at 2:40am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by adavis2 on October-20-2005

I've got someone suggesting i save the money on the 20D and get this rebel xt.  It looks like you had some slight obsticals using the xt and the agnos rotator.  Did you ever get the ceiling to match up? I looked on your site and didn't see any samples... if you've got any using this setup i'd like to see it, thanks!

Just so you know.

The Nodal Point/Entrance Pupil is the property of the lens and has nothing to do with the camera. Using Canon 300D, 350D, D30, 10D, 20D, 5D etc makes no difference to the nodal point. All of these cameras set up on the MrotatorT will perform perfectly so long as you have the nodal point located and positioned correctly.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on September-28-2006 at 12:18pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Figured I would keep the nodal point on the Canon Rebel within this topic.  I am so close, however seeking a recomendation.  The following link takes you to a .jpg that was stitched at 7000x3000 and then converted to cubicle.  The image includes only top and bottom with the diriction of the pano shoot.  What I am interested in, do I need to move left or right to correct the nodal?  I will base this on standing behind the camera looking at shot 1 = 0. Left or Right?  Any ideas?  Figured I would ask here before just moving the Rebel around on the Agnos TCPS.

Thanks,
Pixel

http://360virtuals.com/images/nodal_correction_cubic_crop.jpg

Message posted by smooth on September-28-2006 at 1:34pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Photo is way too small to get anything out of it really.

It looks as though you need to move the camera to the left slightly.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on September-28-2006 at 1:42pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Increased image size to 1200x600

http://360virtuals.com/images/nodal_correction_cubic_crop.jpg

Thanks,
Pixel

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register