Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: D70 Nikon 10.5 and Agnos TCP Short Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-23-2005 at 11:20pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Your nodal point will allow for that position. At 16 mm on the scale for the D70+Nikkor 10.5 the hex bolt gets in the way. So I gues it depends where your nodal point falls.

What are the settings for your X and Z axis.

Any body else want to post settings for agnos rotators? I am thinking of building a table of nodal point settings.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by marktold on August-24-2005 at 6:09am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Since we are both using a nikon D70 we should have the same reading on the horizontal scale.

I am at 37 compared to your 40. But then again it could be because you use different stuff under your quick release.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-25-2005 at 4:43pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I am using the Nikkor 10.5 not the Sigma 8mm. That is why our nodal points are different.

I have only the quick release as it is shipped.

It "looks" like it will mount in that positon on my rotator but it would be close. I am afraid to move the bolt even though I could mark it where it is.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by rfh12002 on May-09-2006 at 4:04pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

I'm about to buy a Nikon D70 and Sigma 8mm - I already have a Nikon 5000 and a FCE8 with the Agnos MRotator (A I think). This is a breeze to use - put the lens on and you don't need to worry about anything else - is there not a rotator which will let me do this with the combo I mentioned at first? Im still a bit of a 'numpty' here that isnt great at photographic maths!

Cheers for any help. I've already contacted Agnos.

F

Message posted by zxcvbnm on May-10-2006 at 8:41am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Have a look at
this
he got it from
http://www.bophoto.com

Its not quite as professional as the agnos metal ones with rotators and clickstops. But cleary it does work. Four shots around instead of three are required but with a slr they should be much quicker as should save almost instantly. And shooting 90 degrees is easy to estimate by eye.

There is enough sag in the rotator tube that it leans back slightly and covers the zenith it appears. Uses sigma 8mm lens and canon 20d. Obviously the nikkor 10.5mm version would not give you the zenith or nadir.

You buy the rotator seperatly. I think you would end up spending around $150 dollars. I have the one for the fc-e9 and it does work just fine, the dollar was low against the pound at the time so it was quite cost effective for me.

You can see my bargain setup at
http://www.auat50.dsl.pipex.com/tripod/

If I had the money I think the sigma bracket and a sigma lens and a d50 would be what I would get purely for ease of use.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-10-2006 at 2:40pm
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I checked out the link. Very intersting. I like the way this rotator is built. Very ingenious.

You can not beat the Agnos for quality and durability. This is well built and enginered rotator. It will perform flawlesly over and over. In professional work this is the rotator to go with.

I am building a 50ft pole rig for low level aerial photography and I am now looking for a rotator to work with my FC-E8 lens. I don't think I can do it the KAP way by taking a single hemi strait down because the cradle/rotator will obscure a lot of the image. So I will have to do it the standard way using  3 shot.

The BoPhot bracket looks like just the right thing I need. I was looking at my Agnos MrotatorA and thinking of modifying it somehow. The rig needs to sit on top of the pole just like on a tripod. But it has to be rotated by remote servos. By makeing the rig as light as possible will enalbel me to use smaller servos with less power. The BoPhoto bracket looks like it can be easily attached to the custom base needed to rotate the rig remotely

Thanks for the link

General Lee

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register