Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: nikon cameras Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on October-24-2005 at 11:51am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Considering he's done a 2 shot hemi... it's not bad. However, you'll notice the softness of the edges which is a typical flaw of fisheye lenses. This is why we always did 3 shot when useing the fce8/cp4500 combo. The middle 120 is the sweetspot of the camera and gives even more image quality.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by RuddersUK on October-25-2005 at 5:56am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Following the mention of one of my pano's and rodrigo, i thought id butt in. Rodrigo and i have been in regular contact and both the garden panos and the green building have come from our extensive testing etc trying to see the best we can get from a 4500 and the fce8.
The garden pano was done in FE2 mode with 4 shots plus zenith & nadir and the green building was done with 6 shots plus zenith & nadir, as with a lot of things, its not neccessarily what youve got, its what you do with it! if anyone wants to ask any q's u can IM me anytime after 10am gmt weekdays. send me a message and ill send you the messenger username etc.
regards.

Message posted by 360panoview on October-25-2005 at 7:30am
View 360panoview's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360panoview Search   Visit 360panoview's Homepage www   Quote 360panoview Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360panoview
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-25-2005
3 Posts

Hi rfh12002,

The panorama of The Green Building that Dave gave you a link for, was a 4 shots panorama taken with the CP 4500 and a FC-E8 fisheye lens adapter, the software used to stitcht the panoramas is PTGUI v.5.

I wasn't happy with the final result of that particular pano, but as I was up there I decided to take a sequence of 8 shots plus a shot of the zenith and another of the nadir. After stitching the later one the result is much better, clear and sharp. This later version it will be uploaded soon, I am waiting on the moderator of the WWPANO list to upload the revised version. In the mean time if there is any suggestion or questions please don't hesitate to ask.

kind regards,

Rodrigo

Message posted by 360panoview on October-25-2005 at 3:51pm
View 360panoview's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360panoview Search   Visit 360panoview's Homepage www   Quote 360panoview Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360panoview
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-25-2005
3 Posts

Hi rfh12002,

Furthermore to the above thread, I started doing panoramas back in 2000. My first camera was an Epson PC-650 with which I used a semi-fisheye lens, that I purchased from Jessops here in the UK. then about Feb 2004 I purchased the CP4500. Like everything, you ponder about the quality of the camera that you purchase , it is very human to think that someone else has a better camera than you, you look at their panoramas and they are beautifull, but you have to take into consideration that many panographer have been doing it for years. As you perfect your technique, get to know your camera.exchanged tips and get help from friends, like Dave Albright, your camera takes a new lease of life. You can appreciate my learning curve when you visit my web site; in there is a mixture of panoramas that have been taken with the PC-650 on free hand no tripod, and the CP4500 with the nodal point out of aligment due to a poorly designed panohead and the one's with a good panohead and the Nodal point in the correct place. The page on Barcelona is a good example.

kind regards,

Rodrigo

Message posted by rfh12002 on October-29-2005 at 6:47pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there Rodrigo

Thanks for the tips. I know what you mean about the skill of the photographer. Somewhere I once read a joke that a photographer took his album to a friends house and she said - "What great photos - you must have a great camera". Once she had made a lovelly dinner he then replied "What a great dinner - you must have very good pots" ! Nuff said!

I now have everything except the tripod head - I know that was answered somewhere earlier so I am about to trawl through my postings.

Message posted by rfh12002 on October-30-2005 at 2:25pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi again

Just found the saved favourites for Agnos so I'm off to check out my finances and go for what they suggest!

Cheers

F

Message posted by 360panoview on October-31-2005 at 11:07am
360panoview
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-25-2005
3 Posts

Hi rfh,

Did you managed to make a pano head?. if you want e-mail me privately and we could have a discussion as to how I made my panohead.

kind regards,

Rodrigo

rodrigo@alarcon.co.uk

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register