Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: JavaQTVRFlash Embed IE 6 Fix Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on July-01-2006 at 9:08am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Spinem,

Ok..
what browser are you using ? 
What java engine are you using?

What webpage "Garden" are you looking at? I have 2 on the UofC WWP server.  We also have 2 on our page on our WWP website.

The one on our website uses Pano2QTVR code which calls an external .js file. Do you have javascripting turned off or disabled on your machine?  Most people do not. That could be your issue.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by btos on July-12-2006 at 11:08am
View btos's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by btos Search   Visit btos's Homepage www   Quote btos Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
btos
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-08-2006
18 Posts
Hi Dave,
I'm having trouble following this thread. Is this update for yet another Microsoft problem with their endless updates for their spyware trap of a browser? OR is this a Java problem?

I wonder why my website draws very little interest. If this is true, apparently nothing is working on my site anymore. I'd be outta work if all I did was panos. You gotta be a programmer full-time to keep up with it all.

I use Firefox and haven't had the rabid desire to go back to IE. Firefox is better but still buggy.

Man, I am tired of software fixes! Please point me to the beginning of this thread Dave. I need to see if it relates to my jerky java problem. I am leary of downloading any more java updates from their site, since the last one messed up my panos on my box. Anyway, I would like to figure out what is going on here,since it reflects on me professionally as a web desinger. I have actually sold some of these panos at one time....when they worked. I dread the thought of having to update my entire customer base with software patches, every time they come about for these so-called Easypanos. Thanks.

Message posted by 360texas on July-12-2006 at 2:19pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

To find the start of this thread.. please click on the bottom 1,2,3 box and go to page 1.   This is the 11 April 2006  Eolas patch for IE 6.

These are not software patches.  They are html code fixes you must do in order not having to double click on your pano's

No this is not something new.  And yes to prevent having to double click to Activate you will need to reconfigure your html page code. 

If you do not mind 'double clicking' on the panorama to enable the <>+- tool bar then do nothing.

This html code change will not affect your java applet.  If it was jerky now it probably was sort of jerky before.

I do not use Foxfire even for testing.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on July-13-2006 at 9:01am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

As Dave has pointed out this is not the result of Easypano. Eolas decided to sue Microsoft for using "their"? Invention without permission.

Sun Micro decided to sue Microsoft for not sticking by their? rules with the development of Java and then Microsoft stop supporting further development of Java and Microsoft JVM died (or at least stopped development).

Sun Micro the owner and developer of Java have made many changes over the last couple of years (some good, some not so) You have little control over this as it is dependant on the version of Java installed and enabled on the viewers machine.

Mostly all versions work. But if you are un-happy you have a multitude of viewer options to choose from. A lot of issue's arise from mismatched viewer size vs image size. Quite simply the "best (accepted standard)" combination is 400 x 300 for the viewer and 1400 x 700 for the panorama image. If you go against these sizes you will get issue's to varying degrees.

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by spinem on August-16-2006 at 1:43pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
hello,
sorry if my question is stupid. i did look around but couldn't find an answer. right now I have the ptviewer.jar on my website. but to use this update i need new files?
where can i get the embedjava.js? ptviewer27.ja and the ptviewer.class?

thanks in advance.

Message posted by smooth on August-16-2006 at 2:13pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You just make the embedjava.js file yourself. Copy the code at the beginning of the forum to "Notepad" and save it as embedjava.txt then change the name of the file manually to embedjava.js by removing the .txt and replacing with .js.

This file you will upload to your server. Then using the rest of the code needed add the line of code to the <head> of the HTML document and then the code needed for the start and finish of the <applet> code.

Make sure the path to the embedjava.js is correct. The simple way is to add it to the same directory as the HTML doc.

Class files make up a .jar file and are not needed separately. You just need to download the ptviewer.jar file (version) 2.7L from http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/ptviewer.htm 

and rename it if needed to plain old ptviewer.jar upload it and overwrite the old version on your server.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by spinem on August-16-2006 at 2:25pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
thank you very much for your help :)

Message posted by VT360 on August-24-2006 at 6:06pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

daves and others,  you got stats showing

what percentange of user have JAVAscript enabled

and disabled?  and what program do u use to see these stats?

I'm Not  talkinb about Java Virtuaal machine.  Im talking JAVASCRIPT/active scripting which is enabled/disabled on the browser options.

w3school says about 10% , but thats for their site. 

Thank you very

Message posted by videoedge on August-29-2006 at 9:27pm
View videoedge's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by videoedge Search   Visit videoedge's Homepage www   Quote videoedge Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
videoedge
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-02-2002
30 Posts
Hi All,

The Java fix disables the autospin when using PT Viewer. Only happens in IE 6 not Firefox.

Any solutions??

Cheers

Message posted by 360texas on August-30-2006 at 10:38am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Ah  ok.. yes I did notice that autospin was disabled in IE 6.  Not sure why.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register