Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: How is this done? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by captainvr on August-15-2006 at 5:56pm
View captainvr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by captainvr Search   Quote captainvr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
captainvr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-07-2006
6 Posts
Found this on the web.

http://showcase.neustep.com/rubloff/tepper/2724/

Message posted by emarts on December-05-2006 at 11:40am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
I really like neustep. It seems nicer than the motionvr stuff. But it seems dissapointing that they're keeping the technology to themselves. How does a small VR producer like me offer tours like that?

Message posted by 360texas on December-05-2006 at 12:06pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Looks like that page uses a lot of FLASH viewers,  however, I suspect that it is Shockwave at play.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by woconno4 on December-06-2006 at 1:00am
View woconno4's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by woconno4 Search   Quote woconno4 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
woconno4
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-03-2006
8 Posts

Hello All

Well I am finally posting something. I have been following the VR 360 community for almost 4 and half years. Played with many technologies. Just been doing things as a hobby. Real expensive one. Have all one shoot mirrors. Have all IPIX tools. Several top cameras even built robotic tripods. I am really waiting on 360 Video. Things were going well for 360 Real-estate technologies about 4 and half years back. After 911 most companies went after security monitoring business. I think that was part of IPIX down fall. I have been playing with HD video.

Ok, enough rambling. About motionvr.com. I new the developer Jacob Miller just before he merged into motionvr. I was happy at first seeing him merge. I was thinking he would really get moving now on product. After a few months I found out that they where going to keep the technology for them selves. It surprised me. After looking at there pricing model and did a market study of sorts I found out that many companies and realtors did not what to spend the money. Here in Florida they could not keep up with building demands. Why spend 1000s on advertising.

Once again explorehomes.com showed up on radar from motionVR. I was gitty. I am so busy with my real job have not completely figured out how to do it myself. I bought all the macromedia tools. After looking at beta of Kona I think Jacob was on track then the plug got pulled again. So close.

If they are smart I think they should release the Kona product. Charge a decent market price of 500 to 700 US and a base yearly maintenance fee.  

I really think they are missing out. Microsoft, Apple and Adobe Macromedia are going to have some cool solutions for us soon for 360 Video.  The problem still is capturing images. I have looked and tried many things. I am going to create a rig with 3 to 4 D80 Nikons with fisheyes and robotic unit. The camera is very smart and I could capture everything in one shot. Mirrors work but can not get the quality.

OK that is enough. I will see you all around. I will try to keep you posted on samples. I just sent another email to motion vr to see what they are gong to do with Kona product.      

Message posted by emarts on December-06-2006 at 10:12am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

I think keeping the technology to themselves will severely limit it's use and keep prices high. If you have a working technology, why not make it available to others and see how far it can be pushed?

Now, is Neustep and MotionVR two rival companies? Or do they both use the same technology. It seems to me that Neustep is slightly better. It seems to have less distortion but the quality of the images are poor. While MotionVR has more distortion and the motion seems jerky.

Message posted by woconno4 on December-06-2006 at 11:33pm
View woconno4's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by woconno4 Search   Quote woconno4 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
woconno4
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-03-2006
8 Posts

Actually from my understanding the developer of MotionionVR did work on projects with Neustep.  

If you really look at what they are doing is just stacking 360 images and plying them in a controlled movie. The hard part is getting good single 360  images. One shot mirrors work just lack some quality and they do not take a full image. I have done surveys and most people what to see as much as rooms as possible. They want to see floor and ceiling.

Message posted by captainvr on December-08-2006 at 4:20pm
View captainvr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by captainvr Search   Quote captainvr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
captainvr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-07-2006
6 Posts
I looked into possibilities for both Neustep and Motionvr. After months of research and monitoring I have come up with the decision that Neustep will lead and produce the best results for my clientele. We have been producing NeuStep for about two months with their low resolution unit and we are finally recieving the final production high resolution model in late december. We are the first and only neustep producer in the UK at this moment.

Neustep has a proprietary hardware and software solution that is very effective. With motion vr you have to go out and purchase a slough of equipment piece it together and figure it out. It just seemed like Motionvr had a lot of maturing to do.

Another reason we decided with neustep is because it is friendly with Spi-v. We use spi-v religiously for our clientele and these two platforms work flawless together.

Thats my two cents.

Cheers!

Nessie

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register