Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: D200 and full fisheye Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by RuddersUK on August-02-2006 at 1:43pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
In the UK you might say... Am I bovvered!

Message posted by VT360 on August-03-2006 at 12:40pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

smooth, and what decent fisheye lens would that be?

on that gives u good optics, hard edges, and full circular -

i know 2 of them. if u know any other affordable ones let us know.

a nikkor 8mm (from the 60s) is about $2k if u can find one.

and the other lens that comes to mind is the optics brand thats ovr $4k.

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2006 at 12:50pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Mate, you aren't seriously comparing those images from digital secrets with a Nikkor 8mm are you?

They are not up to Sigma standards and because the D200 has a 1.5 multiplying factor you cannot get a full circular fisheye image with any of the "proper" quality fisheye lenses.

The best bet remains Sigma 8mm (Drum) or Nikkor 10.5mm (Full Frame) on the D200. If you are feeling rich the Nikkor 8mm or Coastal Optics lenses are the go but both would still produce (Drum) images on that camera.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by zxcvbnm on August-03-2006 at 5:43pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
coastal optics 4.88 mm fisheye would be a circle, thats the point of it, designed for a 1.5x sensor.

Not that I think it is that. You'd think they would admit it if it was anything so expensive as that or a nikkor 8mm with a relay system. Equally it seems strange that the agnos adaptor and a fc-e9 would count as a secret? For that matter how is this a d200 secret when presumably its applicable to any nikon dslr? Anyway not really important as people say but I am now curious.

Message posted by VT360 on August-03-2006 at 11:38pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

lol  im also leaning to the fact that his using the fc-e9 do to the soft edges.

smooth, i think the nikkor 8mm will produce full circle, and probably the best full circle availabe for dslr if im not mistaken.

check this out mate

http://www.muellerworld.com/photos2005/wellington-1.3.jpg

was taken with 8mm Nikkor and a 1Ds in early 2005

check this page and scroll to the bottom

http://www.muellerworld.com/peleng/

the 8mm nikkor and 1d mark 2 is my dream set up. dont have either item, but i i like to pretend i do

Message posted by smooth on August-04-2006 at 1:57am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The 1Ds is a Full Frame/Full Sensor camera unlike the D200, D70, D50 or Canon 20D, 350D etc.

Yes, you can get a custom grind full circular lens for a DSLR with a small sensor but it is not what you are seeing on the Digital Secrets article.

As for your dream set up the 1D MkII and 8mm Nikkor will still only produce a "Drum" image. What you really need is a 1Ds and Nikkor 8mm. Because the 1Ds MkI or MkII is a full frame/full size sensor camera. (Like Canon 5D and 1Ds MkI)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by zxcvbnm on November-15-2006 at 6:02pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Well I emailed someone who mentioned having read the book. And hero that he is he actually told me. He didn't go into specifics but what it is is an fc-e9 with several step rings on a particular zoom lens.

The idea is that this particular zoom lens has less flex and can support the lens's weight. The step rings get the right distance to reduce vignetting and increase edge sharpness.

If you want to know the exact details I guess someone will have to buy the book. Don't think I will bother. Nice to have my curiosity finally satisfied though.

Message posted by smooth on November-15-2006 at 10:50pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Agnos has been doing this for years! Hardly a secret. LOL

Thanks for the update, I'll pass also - been there done that years ago.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VT360 on November-16-2006 at 1:04am
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

zx, thanks for the info!

smooth, your new sigma fishey produces better fisheyes than this?

http://www.digitalsecrets.net/secrets/D200News2.html

or about the same?  im referring the graininess and blue light falloff.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register