Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Agnos MrotatorHDelta Telescopic Pole Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on April-05-2007 at 8:49am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

For use on the Agnos HD Pole: When inserting the camera lens through the RingT  I place it on the stationary part of the lens housing... not the focus ring.  If you put it on the focus ring.. then certainly the camera will freely rotate.  The no parallax point (NPP) issue does not apply to pole shots.

When using the RingT on a Tripod... now the NPP is an issue and you must the rig calibrated properly.  I have read in other forums that they find the NPP then set the focus ring to the INFINITY mark and use some type of tape to keep the focus ring from moving.  Not very elegant but functional approach to a fix - 100 mile-an-hour duct tape.  [Tape is capable of keeping things stuck together in a 100 mile an hour wind]  I understand some airplane repairs are made using this tape.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Terry Nam on April-05-2007 at 11:52am
View Terry Nam's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Terry Nam Search   Quote Terry Nam Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts

Thanks Dave.

I was so focused(pardon the pun) on the NPP that I was trying to get the gold ring on the lens above the centre point of the base plate of the T ring. I have noted your comments and with the weekend upon us I hope to make some progress. Many thanks for your comments and time.

-------------
Terry
Nikon D300(Sept08), Sigma 8mm, agnos short

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-07-2007 at 5:42am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

@ Dave

when you use panoweaver 3 to stitch just 1 hemi shot, it does not corect the lines. See an example here: http://www.wideeyes.dk/temp/SOVEVAERELSE1.jpg

That is why I wondered if anyone had tried to do "regular" still shots with the pole?

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by Terry Nam on April-10-2007 at 9:38am
View Terry Nam's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Terry Nam Search   Quote Terry Nam Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts

Not had a great deal of time to mess around with the pole system, but made some progress since my first post over the weekend.

Please click - http://www.terrynamvr.co.uk/Tourviewer_messabout.html

Not as pin sharp as I would like, any comments on improving this aspect?

PS I didnt realise that my bald patch was as bad......

-------------
Terry
Nikon D300(Sept08), Sigma 8mm, agnos short

Message posted by eagle on April-10-2007 at 9:57am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi Terry,

Good work! Looks good. Can you post a picture of how you mounted the D80 on top of the pole?

I just want to see how you mounted it to the top of the pole.

Did you connect it to the footplate or to the bottom of the camera itself?

I also want to see how you have the ringT8s mounted on the Sigma lens.

I have a D70 and the ringT8s with my mRotatorTCPs. I want to simply move from the mRotator to the pole. The last thing I want to do is to remove the ringT from the lens and readjust it for the pole. Then do the same thing going back to the mRotator. After having found the NPP on the mRotator/tripod, I don't ever want to move it.

If you can post some pictures, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm sure others interested would appreciate it also.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by prb16 on April-10-2007 at 10:53am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
I would also be interested in seeing any pictures of the mount for the Canon 5D + Sigma 8mm fisheye lens if anyone has any. I am very impressed with some of the sample panos displayed so far using the Agnos pole.

Regards,

Paul.

Message posted by 360texas on April-10-2007 at 11:56am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok.. here is a side view of the pole with the Canon 5d and Sigma 8 f4 lens.  The ringT8s f4 or f3.5 are the same.  The HD pole has a 3/8" diameter threaded screw permanently attached to the pole top.  In this photo.. I am using the "38Plug" adapter.

I have to use the pole with this setup tonight for a client before I can set it up with the other configurations using the two different rotators.  Will take photo's and post tomorrow.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by prb16 on April-10-2007 at 3:54pm
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Thanks Dave, that was very useful. I look forward to seeing your results.

Paul.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-12-2007 at 8:02am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi

Someone mentioned that it is only possible to do panoramas in the poles full length. Is that right?? Then if I want to do a panorama from 2 meters I cant use the pole? Or is it possible with the HdeltaStarter ?

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on April-12-2007 at 9:04am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

actually do we use the HD telescoping pole at a lower elevation.

I think the pole has 5 tapered sections. 

When you extend all 5 sections then you can use the click stop rotator on the pole bottom foot.  Extenstion is about 22' or 6.6m

When you use only the top 3 - 4 sections it raises to about 12 - 16' (5m) the shaft rotates inside the unused sections and you can not use the clickstop rotator.  But that is ok because you can see the direction the camera is pointing when taking 4 images at 90 degrees.  AND at this lower elevation there is less top bending under the weight of the camera.

For example, the other day we were taking panorama photo's of a light post/ security camera.  No need to extend the HD pole full length because it would be above the security camera.   It was necessary to take the panorama at the lower elevation.  [click on red dot # 3 pole view and #4 tripod view] when you visit this page

http://360texas.com/services/cc/indexcc.htm

I need to retake #3 this morning because I was too close to the pole.  I have zoomed out bit too far - too much barrel distortion.  Client wants to see security camera - lighting and jogging track all in same photo.  The marketnig emphasis - secure recreation and gated living community.

Yes I did try taking a pole shot of the security camera at night.  I used f8 in aperture priority and ISO 400.  I got good lighting, however the camera shutter speed was slow and it was windy that night and the imaging were blurred beyond use.  So will use 1 day time pole shot and 1 night time tripod shot.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register