Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: pw4 seams Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tturner on September-03-2006 at 4:04pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Smooth,

You make my stuff  look good!  I thank you for the work but 1 question.  I am not familiar with using the xmp file.  How do I open this file to see the settings you used.

Thanks
TTurner   

Message posted by tturner on September-03-2006 at 5:19pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Smooth:

Forget the above post.  I discovered how to load your settings onto my pics.  This is a very cool feature.  Is I stated before I am new to shooting RAW , CS2 (have been using PS6) and to using PW4.  Thanks for the help, this gets me pointed in the right direction.  On a plus note... I loaded some old images taken with my 8700 that gave me stitching problems with PW3 into Pw4 and they stitched  much faster and correctly.  I guess I will be getting out my credit card for the update.  This upgrade in gear is getting expensive.  Now to find the clients that will appreciate the extra quality.

TTurner

Message posted by smooth on September-04-2006 at 12:34am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Don't forget to visit my Software website.

www.smooth360.info same prices helpful service.

Appreciation gets to travel in two directions!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by zxcvbnm on September-04-2006 at 4:20am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Is it just me or do the sigma images look like the tops have been cut off? Is this you or is this a feature of the news lens? Does it still give 180 degrees across or does it now miss a little at the top.

Message posted by smooth on September-04-2006 at 9:25am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

What you say is right, but I have seen this on just about all Canon Rebels/Rebel XL models using the Sigma lens. I think it is that the sensors are slightly off "dead centre" within the cameras. The one before this chopped the bottom slightly.

This is not the effect on the Canon 10D or 20D.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by simon on September-04-2006 at 10:46am
View simon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simon Search   Visit simon's Homepage www   Quote simon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simon
Gold Member
Gold Member

January-14-2003
141 Posts

"Is it just me or do the sigma images look like the tops have been cut off?"
The rebel has a slightly smaller sensor than the 20d.

Smooth "I think it is that the sensors are slightly off "dead centre" within the cameras. " Think it is possibly a Sigma problem/variation as my Sigma is definately off-centre on all bodies I have tried but other fisheyes are perfectly centred.
Agree and pleased that the new Sigma definately looks better, CA was minimal. Vignetting also much better, almost looks as if Sigma may have over compensated, yet to work it out.

Thanks to TTurner for the sample images.

Simon

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register