Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Headache of Full frame 6+T+B? Panoweaver Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on October-22-2006 at 9:55am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hmm, not sure why you feel the need to quote me. But none the less... The promotion of other brand software was the only concern I had on the Panoweaver forum.

What I use for stitching depends on what I wish to achieve and It is no secret to anybody that I have just about "all" stitching and panorama displaying software that is on the market.

Conversely to your comments you can plainly read my comments on the short fall of the Panoweaver software. You, like me have your right to an opinion (I don't have any problem with that!) What I do have an issue with is using the Panoweaver forum to promote the opposition software packages. I feel that as a forum moderator for Easypano that is my job.

Really it is plan and simply "if" Easypano fail to offer a "lot" more with the release of Panoweaver 5.0 then they will struggle to sell the product. Simply because of the other software offerings available. My hope is that the "sampler" just posted by Danny isn't an indication of it's future. Because it falls well short of the mark.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by marktold on October-23-2006 at 7:59am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Still can't view them on XP Pro with IE 6 and FF 1.5

Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by Oender on October-24-2006 at 12:33am
View Oender's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Oender Search   Quote Oender Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Oender
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
December-27-2005
17 Posts
Sorry for my english i done my best, hope is better than your spanish he he

The samples are very slow on my pc. I cannot view them with Opera 9. Fire fox works but the applet is very slow.

Some thoughts:

When I got panoweaver 2.0 long time ago, I do not know anything about creating panoramas, I try to use PTGui and obviously I do not understand it at all and fail to stich my panos. As I only create panos periodically. That time panoweaver make my life very easy, without pro skills I done 30 panos just in just 4 days. That time I charged 130 each one. The price tag really is not a point here. A lot of professional do a lot of money and the license price is paid with a few panos. For the casual pano enthusiast, the price tag could be a problem, but when you got the fist formal job, the problem will be solved. I cannot buy the 4.0 version because I dont do panos every day like all of you here. But when a get a new panos project I will for sure.

Wish list for version 5:
New Logo and splash screen (I can help if you want).
Make some calls to some GUI experts and make a cool interface, we love cool things look cool. (http://theskinsfactory.com/skinsfactory/?page=portfolio) is a good option.
Java program must have more performance and explode new dual an quad core cpus.
Must work in dual monitor system
Better Photoshop output
Consider migrate the program to C, VB or some more efficient platform. Java works very ugly on old PC (mine has 2 years old and is very slow). And too many bottle necks.
Flash output with pangea performance plis !
Java output do no t work in alternative browsers I use 90% Opera, Firefox for panos viewing.
FLASH flash plis
The ability to place logos (floating water marks) and subtitles (descriptions).
The possibility to install plug-ins
And is good ideas create some DVDs so the casual user can learn faster. (Talk with linda.com and make some cool courses). (Some titles in Spanish please.
Do not make microsoft style. Work hard test with the most experts user here. do not relase before you get a supero robust new version. fast and un tested relases is suicde.
a new site, and more modern forum is a must

greetings from Mexico City
    Oender

-------------
    Oender
    Mexico City

Message posted by danny on October-24-2006 at 11:23pm
    View danny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by danny Search   Quote danny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
    danny
    Standard Member
    Standard Member

April-06-2006
    69 Posts

I have read all the comments you posted carefully and am really appreciated your efforts.

it's sure that I won't delete the posts to show the result of ptgui. We admit ptgui is an very excellent software and Panoweaver will learn from it and surpass it in the future.

It's true that IE7 won't show pano till now.But if you use IE6 with Microsoft Java, you may view them normally.

As for the price, Panoweaver 5 will offer 2 keys. That is, you are able to use Panoweaver 5 on 2 computers at the same time.In fact, this is a kind of price adjustment.

Plug-in is really useful and it's sure that we will continue to develop it.

For the NNP problem, I have to say that I didnot take these fisheye images, so I cannot tell if he took like this on purpose. But just like you said, even the NNP is not accurate, PW5 can stitch them well. This will be quite usefulif one have to process batch images within short time.

As far as I know, Oender, most people with use Panoweaver and Photoshop, so I think if "water mark" and similar fucntions can be realized in Photoshop, Panoweaver doesn't need to repeat.

We are designing new interface and it looks much better, also we will release Flash instruction to introduce Panoweaver 5.

Later, I will continue to write something about Panoweaver 5 and wish you discuss it.

Thank you all again. 

-------------
    Easypano, Inc.

Message posted by use2bkewl on October-25-2006 at 2:41am
    View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
    use2bkewl
    Standard Member
    Standard Member
    United States
    August-16-2005
    62 Posts
    Could you please update us on tourweaver?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
    If you are not already registered you must first register