Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Top & Bottom Issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by roadkillron on November-06-2006 at 1:59pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

I'm looking for a Nikon FC-E9 right now. I don't really want to learn ptgui / panotools, I like Panoweaver so far - and with all the help from you guys on this board I prefer to stick with Panoweaver - once I try it sucessfully with the correct equipment.

I read another post from a few months ago that said Panoweaver 5.0 would be out in 2 months, anybody know if its coming soon?

Thanks,
Ron

Message posted by zxcvbnm on November-06-2006 at 6:39pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Yes panoweaver is probably suprised as it would not expect a fully circular image of only 120 degrees. You have a very unusual lens.

I personally enjoyed seeing it though. I've always wondered how well a panorama would come out from one of the cheapo lens's off ebay. It may be rather crummy but its adequate for the price. And its a fun idea.

Yes I used another stitcher on my pano attempt. I'm not rich enough to have panoweaver. It still makes the point that your images are basically taken correctly on the nodal point. The horizontal images actually stitched perfectly easily it was just the up and down which had to be nudged into place.

It does seem a little strange though to have a fourty dollar lens to use with a five hundred dollar stitching program. A rather uneven budget.

If you want to improve the images a bit zoom in your camera to the edge of the circles and even cut off the sides if possible. This will stop you wasting pixels, and the edges of a lens are ususally the worst. See if you can find a center focus mode. Also experiment with the macro off and to see if that helps with focus. Try a higher aperture like f8.

All these ideas will apply to any lens adaptor. If you do get a fc-e9 bear in mind it will not fit on your panosaurus head. It sticks out to far at the sides and is too long. Possibly if you have the landscape fisheye table it might work on that. But not gauranteed. You will probably end up wanting one of the ring style brackets which means either bophoto.com for 100 dollars ish or agnos for smarter mrotatorb for 250 dollars. A second hand ebay fc-e9 is probably 150-200 dollars.

So consider if you definitly want to do this. Anyway as I said I thought you managed an ok result for such a cheap setup and it all comes down to what you want out of it I guess. Do you want to create the occasional basic panos with your existing setup slowly. Or smarter ones with a smoother setup. You have at least three options, your existing setup, a fc-e9 setup or jumping straight to a dslr setup which would probably start at around 800 dollars.

Message posted by roadkillron on November-19-2006 at 4:31pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

I got a fc-e9 and a canon lahdc20, but they need a 46 to 58 ring to connect together. I ordered the ring and have Panosauraus landscape platform. I will post my results when I get the new ring. I just wanted to add that the FC-E9 is a big difference, I could only look thru it with my eye so far but I understand now how much better the new lens is compared to the old one I was using.

Thanks to all for your help, I would be lost without it.

Ron

Message posted by roadkillron on December-10-2006 at 10:07pm
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts
I'm pretty sure an overcast day helped me with this one, I shot tons of pics testing my camera and found 3 that went straight from the camera to easypano and made a 360.
The source files and .mov are at http://www.lakecitywebs.com/freds_test/freds_test_qtvr/freds_test.html
I'm still trying to improve on this so any suggestions and criticism are welcome.
Thanks again for all your help,
Ron

Message posted by smooth on December-10-2006 at 10:46pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Ron,

Looking good mate.

You NPP is off slightly though it hasn't had much of an effect on this panorama because all objects are far away from the lens. First I would adjust the sideways movement just a little so that when you stitch and look down at the tripod/rotator the head appears round and not stepped like it is showing ATM.

Mate, a huge improvement over the old lens.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register