Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Agnos ringT8S installation help please Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by eagle on January-23-2007 at 6:57am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Thanks smooth!!!

I actually have been able to take excellent pano shots with the set up. It just bothered a heck out of me that I had to remove the ringT every time I had to switch lenses which I thought defeated the purpose of buying it. I thought, if that were the case, I could have simply bought the TCPS and saved some money.

But it is obvious now that I had the ringT too far back on the barrel. Reason? I didn't really know where the ringT should be clamped. There are no directions that came with the product or at the website. Thinking I could use AF on the lens, I've been mounting it on the back end of the lens so it doesn't interfere with the movement of the lens ring when it tries to focus.

With 360texas' and your help, I've learned that manual focus is the way to go. With the lens set to manual, the ringT can be moved further up the barrel and allow for it to clear (barely) the D70s camera body.

Thanks again for the help and providing the visual. Sometimes, a picture or pictures as they say are worth a thousand words.

I'm good to go.

r,
eagle

Message posted by eagle on January-23-2007 at 9:52am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Additional info ...

Agnos also sent me pictures of how the ringT should be installed on the sigma lens.  They have the ringT sitting on the tripod without the mRotatorTCPS.

I'm sure that works great but that prevents one from tilting up to take the ceiling/sky shots which I want. 

The pictures they sent however helps me visualize how it would connect to the top of the mRotatorDelta which I will likely get later in a couple of months.

Thanks again.

r,
eagle

Message posted by eagle on January-23-2007 at 4:29pm
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
vrtour.nl asked me about the pictures agnos sent me.

Here they are:

Looking at this setup, I believe you simply tilt up the setup about 5-10 degrees so you'd have plenty of overlap at the top so that you don't need to take a zenith (sky/ceiling) shot.

Maybe I'll try that eventually. For now, I like taking the zenith shot, that's why I opted to get the setup with the mRotatorTCPs. The more images I take, the better my chances of getting a good stitched image ... at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by VRtour.nl on January-23-2007 at 5:24pm
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

Hi Eagle,

RingT.... out of the box, on the lens en camera.... take 6 quick jpeg shots, stitch and finish.

http://panorama.harry-anders.nl/spiv/ringt-test.html

This ring is a great thing

Thanks for the pictures

Regards,

Harry.

Message posted by lafecto on March-28-2008 at 8:19am
View lafecto's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by lafecto Search   Visit lafecto's Homepage www   Quote lafecto Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
lafecto
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
August-09-2007
37 Posts

Hi

I have the cano 400D, sigma 8mm 3,5 and the ringT with the Rotator M.

I have the same problem (I can't see the pictures on this post)

"Is there a trick to installing the ringT. I have it as far back as I can install it to the back of the lens. The ring clasps the stationary back part (not the focus ring) of the lens. The back part of the ringT where the top bubble is located is actually pressed against the top of the camera where the flash sits.

Any help would be appreciated because I don't want to have to install/remove/reinstall the ringT every time I switch lenses."

Aditional, I have another question:

On the first shot I level the lense with te buble on the ringT, than I rotate 90 and the lense are not level, and also on the next 90 stop. What I have to do? level again on each shot, or level only on the first and taket the others without level?
Thanks

-------------
Regards
Luis

Message posted by 360texas on March-29-2008 at 10:11am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Assuming your tripod set up on near level floor or ground, the RingT as well as the TCP brackets - Level up on first image.  Then take the shots

I mean that if you are trying to set the tripod up on a 30 degree sloping ground, it also would be nice to use a Ball head.

If you have not already seen this page.. I have some reports on the RingT, the HD pole found here

http://360texas.com/services/software/agnos/index.htm

AND a new OTE in Mexico.  I used a SLIK monopod with the RingT and 3/8 connector.  Stuck it out the hotel window.  The [:(] on  my face expresses my feelings about possibly loosing the rig Over The Edge !  Its not a very good stitch.. but I was shooting for EFFECT.

http://360texas.com/tips/hpolepano/edgepano.htm

The equipment picture can be seen here

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=3676&PagePosition=1

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register