Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Adding Employees To 360 Virtuals Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on September-12-2008 at 8:26am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
TTurner, is this a program or is it a webpage with a link to it?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Rob63 on September-12-2008 at 10:03am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Shoot me an email at:

360@mindspring.com

and I'll send you the email I send to Realtor/Clients.

It's nothing fancy, but get's the job done.  I'm planning

on working on it to make it look more professional...

Message posted by tturner on September-12-2008 at 12:32pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Hi Jerry,

The ecard is a function of the VR Guild platform.  It is sent out as a email that the realtor can forward to prospects.  I set up a template in the system for each agent and for each new property it works off of that template.

If you want more info email me and I will respond off list.

tommy at turnerimaging.com

TTurner

Message posted by emarts on November-10-2008 at 9:15am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
I am so encouraged by this thread. I've been toying around the idea of having my wife work with me as well. She's a wonderful administrator and she does all the bookkeeping already. She's thinking about taking on more of a sales role.

I like the ideas you are all raising. I mostly do commercial real estate work, but now I'm thinking about doing high-end residential. My main problem though is that I don't understand how the residential real estate end of things work. I looked at Realtor.com for vitual tours, and most of what i see is very bad -- even for multi-million dollar homes. Are realtors just not spending the money or is there just a handful of Virtual Tour companies allowed to create tours for Realtor.com? I looked at there list of providers and there doesn't seem to be anyone in my area (which I think is surprising). How does one break into that market?

Message posted by realtor jerry on November-10-2008 at 11:54am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Hi emarts, you will find that most of us Realtors are just cheap . I can say that because I are one. But really, most Realtors don't want to put the money out because they don't know if they will ever get the money back in this market. With that said, when the market was booming they didn't need tours because they sold almost as soon as they hit the market.
You can post to Realtor.com for free. All you have to do is apply for authorization and then you post for free IF the Realtor has enhanced listing services. If not it will cost you $19.95 per posting which you pass on to the Realtor Apply here:  http://imaging.homestore.com/index.jsp   When you post, it will let you know if there is a charge.
If you want to work the high end market the best way to find out who needs a tour is go to Realtor.com and do a search in the area and price range you want to work and contact the agent. If there is no spinning red house then they don't have a tour.
You are correct that most of the tours are crap and most are just slide shows. So you should be prepared to offer stills as well as tours. Keep in mind that with most real estate firms the agents are self employed and have to pay for everything themselves.
Hope this helps and good hunting...

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by 360texas on November-10-2008 at 12:26pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmmm Im not a realtor. 

But over the years I have bought and sold a few homes through an agent.  I had to sign exclusively with the agent, and then they took their 6% (or shared 3%) when the property actually sold.  Lets say the property was $200,000.  6% x 200,000 = $12,000.  I suspect if you are an agent you have to split this with real estate company owner.

My panorama experience with real estate is they wanted the pano's yesterday, and would not pay for the work until the property was sold... which was a very long time.  Maybe we were working with the wrong real estate group.

We learned very soon to find other markets with larger advertising budgets. That were willing to pay a 30% no refund deposit, and immediately pay the balance of the project price upon final approval and acceptance.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on November-10-2008 at 12:48pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
You must have been working with the wrong group Dave. I get paid as soon as the work is done and they are satisfied.

-------------

Message posted by 360texas on November-10-2008 at 1:00pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
I agree.  Thanks

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on November-10-2008 at 2:46pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Glad you like the thread emarts

First things first to answer your question "how does one break into that market".  My answer is to simply RUN as fast as you can from this market.  Jerry has said it best himself "most of us Realtors are just cheap"  Take a look at THIS THREAD for more information on the real estate industry and market.

While Jerry is a great guy and contributes to this forum with a lot of useful information there are areas that we just don't agree on, this being one of them.

Real estate agents want the tour yesterday and they want it for free.  They also want stills along with a mls compliant tour(no branding).  This means you produce two tours of the home, one branded with realtor info and the other with no visable contact of the realtor.  Have I mentioned that they want it all done yesterday for a grand total of around $100.00 (some much less than that  )

So with that said we have chosen to RUN from real estate all together.  We are setting up our buisness model similiar to THIS

Smooth said it best with "

The best piece of advise I can offer and not to undersell your product, service or most importantly yourself."

This is the route we have decided to take.  It has been very, very slow starting out.  People right now are just not spending anything.  We hope this turns around a bit at the begining of the year.  Some of our targeted clients in the upcoming year will be Hospitals, Church's, Air Craft Sales, Day Care Centers(child &  pet), Hotels...etc.

Most of what I just listed will have their tour created for a premium price and use it over a long period of time.  In real estate the realtor is out of pocket for the tour on a home sale that is used once.  We would much rather spend our time marketing and selling a quality product and shoot one high end tour per month than to run ragged chasing a $100.00 sale.

I hope that this helps and makes sense.  Once again to Jerry, sorry bud

Message posted by emarts on November-10-2008 at 3:14pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Yeah, I've been hesitant to go after residential too. But I thought I'd give the high-end market a try as well as construction companies. I do pretty well with commercial real estate and I'm keeping that as my core business.

There is such a huge difference between what commercial real estate will pay versus residential. If any of my commercial clients hear of me selling similar services to residential at greatly reduced pricing, that would be suicide. So I could never offer $100.00 tours.

It's funny that you posted a link to Virtually-Anywhere. I was thinking the same thing.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register