Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: 5D query Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on December-11-2008 at 3:12pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on December-11-2008

See www.photoacute.com or many of the other fusing programs.

Regards, Smooth  

Dude, where do find this stuff ?

So this looks much better than Photomatix!  I just might have to give this a try.

Thanks Smooth!

Message posted by pixelator on December-11-2008 at 4:46pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by 360texas on December-11-2008

I use 4 click stops on our Canon 5d
Let me know when we are having fun !!! 

Dave,

Why do you use 4 stops with the 5D ?  You should be able to drop it to a least 3 maybe even two, this should save a bit of time.  You paid the $ for the full frame buddy, put it to use

I'm sure having fun   Where else can one gain this kind of knowledge?

Message posted by 360texas on December-11-2008 at 5:28pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Remember I am retired from the work force.  I have the time. 

Why 4 ? it becomes a uniform standard work flow if I use 350d, 20d or 5d.

Yes, we are having fun... wait until you see our Hotel roof top, mono pod images from Cancun in the Best of 2008 WWP

UPload to WWP between 18 -30 December any panorama taken in 2008.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on December-12-2008 at 11:17am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on December-11-2008
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on December-11-2008

See www.photoacute.com or many of the other fusing programs.

Regards, Smooth  

Dude, where do find this stuff ?

So this looks much better than Photomatix!  I just might have to give this a try.

Thanks Smooth!

Pixel,

Well, you know - I hear about things around the traps etc. It is not a program I use in my workflow at this stage as I haven't had the time to play with it enough. But it does look the goods. I will love to hear feedback on this program if you have any success with it.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on December-13-2008 at 8:50am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on December-10-2008

First let me say to steiner, sorry for hi-jacking this thread
I do hope that it may help someone down the road though.

Again steiner, my apologies.

No need to apologise at all - I was worried that my banal query had set off some kind of tempest when I returned today to find 5 pages of feedback! :)

My problem is that, as a multimedia designer, I dip in and out of pano work for long periods at a time - and then have to 'remind' myself of how to do things as well as to update myself to the current trends.

Happily, with this best of forums, that is never an issue. Unlike other forums, I receive friendly and helpful feedback here in a matter of hours rather than days (or weeks)!  Thanks again to everyone who has fed back on this occasion.

I took a few panos the other day for my uni and the results were good.  I'm getting blur on moving subjects but I 'think' this is a trade off for going for as low an ISO as I could at the time.

BTW, I'm taking 4 shots with my 5D because I thought the extra shot would add to the level of pixel info available to the software.  Is this not the case? Or should I simply opt for the 3 shot solution?

Best

-------------
Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design

Message posted by smooth on December-15-2008 at 11:38pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by steiner on December-13-2008

I took a few panos the other day for my uni and the results were good.  I'm getting blur on moving subjects but I 'think' this is a trade off for going for as low an ISO as I could at the time.

BTW, I'm taking 4 shots with my 5D because I thought the extra shot would add to the level of pixel info available to the software.  Is this not the case? Or should I simply opt for the 3 shot solution?

Steiner,

The blur is because the shutter speed is not fast enough and because the exposure is linked to the predetermined aperture the only way to increase the shutter speed and keep the correct metering and aperture is to increase the ISO. Doubling the ISO one level should halve the shutter speed from it's previous setting. So what you need to do is very achievable as the 5D will go to 400 ISO without and noticeable grain/noise and with software like Noise Ninja you can reduce this again or even shoot with higher ISO settings and fight the grain/noise with software.

Shooting 4 shots will have no bearing on your final resolution of the panorama. 3 shots is sufficient as you already have a quite large overlap between images. There would be some argument for this if you were wanting only to use the centre (sharpness) part of the fisheye image but with the full frame camera and that much overlap it really achieves nothing. Simply the image will not get bigger with more images it is limited by resolution vs usable captured pixels.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register