Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: PW 5 Images disappear on stitching Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on June-17-2009 at 3:38am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

If you are having memory issues you should use the Panoweaver_1024.exe file to launch the program. You also will require a decent amount of RAM installed. How much do you have and how much is available?

Be aware some security programs use a lot of memory just sitting there!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by fljung on June-30-2009 at 2:23pm
View fljung's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fljung Search   Visit fljung's Homepage www   Quote fljung Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fljung
Standard Member
Standard Member
Sweden
May-23-2007
3 Posts

I eventually got the same problem. Used to work on Vista SP1, but now I'm running on Vista SP2.

After a few stitches on Vista SP2, the progress bar flashes on the screen where it looks like it jumps from 40% to 100% in no time resulting in an empty preview (blank/gray window). Tried uninstalling/installing with no luck. Easypano support was of no help, only saying to upgrade to PW6. That's an incredibly expensive bug fix...

Message posted by fljung on June-30-2009 at 4:44pm
View fljung's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fljung Search   Visit fljung's Homepage www   Quote fljung Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fljung
Standard Member
Standard Member
Sweden
May-23-2007
3 Posts
I think I cracked it. I noticed that pw5_runtime.log stopped in the middle of a java routine. So, it was not due to anything in the Vista SP2, but the latest version of Java Platform.

I uninstalled patch 13 and reverted back to v 1.6.0 build 105. Deleted the PW5 settings.dat as well.

Run as admin (vista).

Now it seems to work. Will continue testing...

/FL

Message posted by timmy34 on July-03-2009 at 1:25pm
View timmy34's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by timmy34 Search   Visit timmy34's Homepage www   Quote timmy34 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
timmy34
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
July-03-2009
3 Posts
I had the same problem, what fixed it for me was uninstall and then install again. I made sure though that I had no other programs open when installing. I find this can sometimes cause problems

-------------
Virtual tours

Message posted by wozzaj on November-05-2009 at 10:02pm
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

I am getting this problem too now. Images load into PW5, pre-stitch. Sometimes it asks to create manual stitching, I do this, it then goes to 50%, stops for a moment, then shoots up to 100% and everything disappears! Other times, just pre-stitch, it gets to 50%, then goes to 100% and disappears. I'm feeling that the amount of testing I have put it through recently has worn it out!! Anyway. have unistalled/re-installed it sevearl times. Each time cleaning out the registry and still it happens. Has anyone heard of a fix for this as this is the only thread I have come across?

Thanks.

Wozza

Message posted by wozzaj on November-07-2009 at 7:09am
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts
Problem fixed!. Emailed Easypano and they told me to download a later version of the PW5 than I had. I did and it worked!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register