Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Loose Screw - Canon Rebel XT (350d)/XTi Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on August-06-2009 at 9:57am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
In recent discussions with my brother - professional photographer // camera repair services, I learned about a known issue regarding a loose screw inside Canon Rebel XT and XTi models.

My brother was looking for a used Canon Rebel XT (350d). We had one we were willing to sell to him... and did so. When he got it he noticed a little rattling noise when rotating the camera around. It sounded like one of those "tiny eye glass frame hinges screws" found in rolling around inside the camera body. Turns out nearly ALL the screws inside the Rebel Cameras are well seated.. then a tiny drop of glue is placed on the screw head EXCEPT the screw in the lower right back board.... which roams freely AND can short out the backlight orange wire and flame/scorch the flex.

IF you have a Canon Rebel and when tilt roll the camera around and you hear a tiny 'something' rolling around inside - STOP Turn the camera OFF and try to get the camera repaired under warranty as a manufacturers workmanship issue. OR risk the camera shorting out - total loss.

My brother uses a tech support forum.. today he is asking about 'Floating Screw' on other Canon camera models.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register