Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG lens quick question Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by wozzaj on October-09-2009 at 6:51am
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Message from Digital Revolution:
Thanks for placing the order to us.

"We regret to tell you that we have experienced a problem with sourcing the Sigma 8mm f/3.5 F3.5 EX DG Fisheye Lens from our suppliers. Our regular supplier has failed to meet delivery and having tried to locate the item from alternative sources, unfortunately, there is no promising news as of this moment.

Please let us know whether you would like to continue waiting for the item or prefer a full refund instead.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused".

I am destined not to get this damn lens!!!

Message posted by smooth on October-09-2009 at 8:40am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
I have noticed that are very few and far between on ebay listings lately.

Probably better to order a Samyang/Falcon 8mm Fisheye from Poland. Better image quality but you will need to shoot 6+1 or 6+2 instead of 4+1. No Auto-Focus but we don't use that for pano photography anyway!

Understand it is 180 degree diagonal not 180 circular and that is why it is higher quality image and requires more photos to cover the full 360x180 sphere.

Price is right around $400 AUD delivered.
Click here

This mob were cheaper but nil stock ATM Click here

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by wozzaj on October-09-2009 at 9:42pm
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Interesting couple of options and yes I have noticed a decline in the number of listings on ebay too. I kind of have my heart set on the Sigma and with the this one of course it involves more work in the long run with the photos and the stitching etc. I have found somewhere else and even though it's about $60 more I may go with it - if nothing else so I can just get cracking on!!

Woz.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register