Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: mrotator from agnos Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by eagle on May-10-2004 at 8:33am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi,

I've got a Nikon 4300 with FC-E8 that I use with a Bogen 3001Pro tripod, 3265 pistol grip head, and a Jasper Engineering Pano head.

It's a challenge to get the nodal point just right.   From what I've seen the MRotator appears to be a really good product. 

Just wondering though...  How much does an MRotatorA for FC-E8 cost in US dollars? 

r,
eagle

Message posted by yowsiang on May-10-2004 at 10:52pm
View yowsiang's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yowsiang Search   Quote yowsiang Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts

Have anyone tried the mRotatorHB that can be used with DSLRs using their 24mm nikkor adaptor?

I am interested to know if the image resolution would be greatly mproved if i am to use the fujifilm 12Mp selection.

anyone any ideas or any samples?

yowsiang

Message posted by phoenixrising on May-11-2004 at 11:42am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

MrotatorA cost is €160 + €15 shipping. Thats around $200-$210 in greenbacks.

Well worth the cost... as the time save even after one shoot... will recoup hte cost.

Rob

PS I'd get the Kaiden micro leveler as well though... which costs around $99,-

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by yowsiang on May-11-2004 at 7:47pm
View yowsiang's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yowsiang Search   Quote yowsiang Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts

Hi Rob do you have any samples or work done with your DSLR with mRotator? does the resolution greatly improve compares to using other nikon cameras like 4500?

ys

Message posted by yowsiang on May-11-2004 at 8:51pm
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts

Also any idea if I use the fujifilm 12Mp function with the mRotator, would i be able to produce panorama with more details?

ys

Message posted by phoenixrising on May-12-2004 at 7:27am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi ys,

don't have DSLR yet. Wanted to go the canon 10D route... but decided to wait for the Nikon D70. I need a Cam that'll do other work then just pano work and the D70 has a 12 shots in 4 secs buffer.... now that is friging good. Also am hearing many very positive reports on the D70 with Sigma 8mm.... though the Nikkor 10.5mm is a better lens... also a lot bigger price.

At present I use the CP4500 and am quite happy with the resolution. I'm even creating full screen QuickTime work with it now with satisfactory results. 1MB images though. I get good results in full screen mode using following workflow.

CP4500 & FC-E8 in portrait mode. White bal fixed, Auto Image adjust, slight Auto sharpening, image size 2272. Cam is set to M with f at 8.3 and adjust shutter speed accordingly. I like to zoom in until the images touches the top and bottom of my view screen. This results in a 180deg x 140deg image. I don't do exposure fixed as I tend to take 3-5 images in each 120deg for later blending in PS. I find that it's not needed due to the above set up. The only issue I seem to have with this technic is some lens flare or shadowing around the image edges. This didn't occur with my old cp990.. and I don't quite know why this is.

Anyhow, I then import the multiple images into PS and do some blending work for blownout windows, highlights... then save the resulting image as BMP. Then I import the bmps into easypano and stich in 4000x2000 size. This has been possible due to me using as much of the chip as possible and therefore having approx 2100 pix in image height. Also I tend to use about 80% of the chip instead of only 40% when going fe1.

I save the pano in bmp format, then reimport and convert to cubic (here I like to keep the equirec. image as backup base image and tend to save the cubic as seperat file) do the nadir and zenith cleanup and any other tidying up thats needed. Then reconvert to equirec. and save. I like to have a cubic and equirec image each as I tend to output in two formats... Java and QT. I don't actually do any sharpening or image adjsutment until I'm ready to use the base image. This is important especially when downsizing image to say 1400x700 for web 300x400 viewer sizes. U only really want to sharpen once the image is downsized. I also love PS 7's autocolour which tends to give me what I want without much fiddling around 80% of the time. I'll put up a link to a full screen QT later.

Cheers Rob

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register