Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: aerial vr Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by VT360 on September-07-2004 at 12:01pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Hi Brian,

I admire your aerial gallery. I was wondering how high in the air you were for Notro stadium and for Mishawaka?

Also, what do you connect to the nikon to while your at the helicopter so you can preview what your photographing? To a laptop?

Thanks.

Message posted by RotoPix on September-27-2004 at 4:51am
View RotoPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RotoPix Search   Visit RotoPix's Homepage www   Quote RotoPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RotoPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2004
79 Posts

Thanks.

I generally maintain about 500~600' AGL and monitor the digi output through a digi camcorder LCD. I literally hang from the heli though, so it's a bit unnerving. I charge around $300~350 USD per shot for aerials, depending on quantity, and $400/hr. helicopter time. I developed the technique in 1999, and to my kowledge was the first to produce full-spherical aerials... can't confirm though. But it's sure been fun doing them! I'm currently building my own chopper from scratch, su hopefully next year we can pocket that $400/hr heli rental and let the aircraft pay for itself.

Cheers,

Brian Jackson

Message posted by ecodevoman on November-11-2004 at 3:32am
View ecodevoman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ecodevoman Search   Quote ecodevoman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts
So you must hang out on a boom of some type to be able to seam in the sky...is that correct? Or are you able to do this by using a lower shutter speed and allowing the blades to blur throught the background?

Message posted by knotty on November-25-2004 at 7:27am
View knotty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by knotty Search   Visit knotty's Homepage www   Quote knotty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
knotty
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
November-10-2004
8 Posts

ecodevoman: A guess would be that he shoots the sky hemisphere from the ground, and the ground from the helicopter then stitches. Some more really mind blowing aerial panoramas on this site. I wouldn't fly my DSLR on a kite I don't think but I might have a go with a second hand 4500 and FC E8.  It would be pretty cool to do some work for golf courses etc.

Just don't do it if there's any chance of a thunderstorm....

Cheers, John

Message posted by bigwade on November-27-2004 at 6:37pm
View bigwade's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bigwade Search   Quote bigwade Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bigwade
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
March-06-2004
16 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by RotoPix on July-18-2004

Hi, C.

I also do aerial VR, but from a helicopter using a different technique. I liked your site, and the VR work looked very good. The stuff we do is here.

Thanks for letting us see your stuff. Cheers,

Brian Jackson

Cannot see your images on your website.
Mac OSX 10.3.6

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register