Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Issue since I change lens Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by thepcman on June-11-2012 at 3:19pm
View thepcman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thepcman Search   Quote thepcman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thepcman
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-24-2012
2 Posts
Have a Canon Rebel T3I and I Bower fish eye (180) lens and it works fine, besides the fact that it does no give me a true 180 hence I have a huge hole top and bottom so I have to take an extra top shot. I Got a Sigma 8mm 1:4 EX (180). It give me a true 180 and now do not have to do the top shot, I just tilt the camera about 10 degrees and I get the top and still have a smaller hole at the bottom where I just place a logo.

The issue is this, with my sigma lens, I always get a little point in the ceiling looking like a paper crease (See image)

Anyone having this issue too. It happens in both PW 7.x and 8.x

Thank you

Message posted by smooth on June-11-2012 at 3:48pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is likely to do with lens Vignetting and the lack of image correction. The f/4.0 version of the Sigma 8mm suffered quite badly from this Vignetting issue. The much newer f/3.5 version doesn't suffer this effect.

That said, you can correct for the Vignetting with proper RAW file developing.

You may also find that using Smartblend as the blender it not as good in this Zenith area as the default Easypano blender.

This all is assuming you have shot the images with the exact same settings. All should have the same Shutter Speed, Aperture, White Balance and ISO settings.

Another way to fix this is convert to cube faces and open the Zenith cube in Photoshop and correct the area with the healing brush tool.

Anyway, what you have is nothing new. All of us have had to deal with these type of issues over the years.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register