Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  PTViewer Scripter

Subject Topic: Roll overs?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by steiner on July-12-2005 at 8:57am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi all

I recently purchased PTViewer and I have to say am a bit disappointed with what I'm seeing. 

1. In the Viewer Angle screen - you do not have live representations of the angle process - I need to place the panos in TourWeaver and use that intelligent app to get the correct settings.

2. I can't seem to find a way to create roll over states for the control buttons (left, right, etc).  Am I missing something or is that also not possible in this app??

Hope someone can help me see my oversite!

Cheers

Steiner

Message posted by smooth on July-12-2005 at 10:44am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Steiner,

Firstly you purchased PTViewer Scripter not PTViewer! PTViewer is free.

You can work out your FOV and TILT parameters using PTViewer applet just mouse over the applet adjust the initial FOV live on screen and hit the "v" button on your keyboard you can then read the exact parameters down on the window status bar.

The settings you then transfer into PTViewer Scripter and then you can save these. The best part about PTViewer Scritper is that it make settings easy for a PTViewer applet display. Making hotspots is easy and this makes creating virtual tours easy without a huge $$$ outlay.

You must remember this program is designed around PTViewer and it's parameter coding.

Things like menu bars, loading screens, button positions and of course the FOV, Pan, Tilt, Starting Position etc.

Mouse over button states is not an option.

Personally I think it is a great program for the money. Maybe you should have played with the trial version before purchase?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on July-12-2005 at 10:59am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi Smooth

Yes, hindsight's a beautiful thing.     I actually did have a go before purchasing but not as seriously as I should have.  Anyway as you say - it's fine for the money.

I didn't know this trick about the viewer settings - excellent.  That's alot quickerthan putting everything into Tourweaver!

Thanks again

Message posted by steiner on July-12-2005 at 11:24am
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

One last question - again re. the Viewer Angle screen.  I can see no way of entering the angle data for a series of panos in the UI.  If you enter a new set of figures it is applied to all the panos.  The only way I could do this was by hand coding the output HTML.

Is this what's expected?

Message posted by smooth on July-13-2005 at 3:00am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by steiner on July-12-2005

One last question - again re. the Viewer Angle screen.  I can see no way of entering the angle data for a series of panos in the UI.  If you enter a new set of figures it is applied to all the panos.  The only way I could do this was by hand coding the output HTML.

Is this what's expected?

Yes, this is expected.

But! What you can do is "Save" any one project so if you ever need to comeback to it for whatever reason you have all the parameters in place.

It's not perfect, but it is useful - also remember this program is now very old. (especially in computer panorama terms)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on July-13-2005 at 3:07am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by steiner on July-12-2005

I didn't know this trick about the viewer settings - excellent.  That's alot quickerthan putting everything into Tourweaver!

Thanks again

Yes, and pressing the

• "u" button will give you the directory path.
  • "h" button will give you the option to mouse click for the "X" & "Y" coordinates
  • "i" button will give the version of PTViewer being used.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on July-13-2005 at 5:14am
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts
Thanks Smooth - very useful feedback as always.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register