Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  PTViewer Scripter

Subject Topic: 2D in Tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Jeffy on March-07-2003 at 6:50am
View Jeffy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Jeffy Search   Visit Jeffy's Homepage www   Quote Jeffy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

OK, I started there. Can you help me go further????

Prof Dersch says 'The "Pan", "Tilt" and "FOV" values which you can set to override the defaults, are easily deduced from the figure above.' Well, I'm a dunce so I can't deduce.

If I want to use a static, 2 dimensional pic I assume....

The tilt would be set to 0

The Pan would be set to 0

I understand the concept of FOV, but I've yet to understand it enought to use it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

---------------Jeffy

Message posted by BillDrew on March-07-2003 at 12:59pm
View BillDrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BillDrew Search   Quote BillDrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BillDrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-11-2002
10 Posts
To understand projections keep in mind that *ALL* single images are two dimensional (ignoring the overlapping stereoscopic images which are two pictures). Grasp that thought firmly - your picture does not have a third dimension. Those two dimensions can be represented in an astonishing large number of different ways each of which is a different projection.

Also keep in mind that most of the images used with PTViewer are static - they do not change with time (I believe it is possible to incorporate an animated GIF with PTViewer, but I don't think that is what you are talking about).. PTViewer allows changing the view of that static image, but the image itself is static.

Remember that Prof Dersch is a mathametician. When a math prof says "It can be shown that ...", it means with a couple of days intense work you might be able to get to the conclusion. When he says "It is easy to se that ...", it means with several months work you might just get a slight glimpse of how to get there.

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-08-2003 at 4:43am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
I have a PHD math buddy who tends to say things like this simple formula... or this easy way of working it out is... I then glance over to his book case to see his SEVEN BOOK THESIS ON ROCKETGAS TURBULANCE which he wrote for his PHD and just smile. (And I'm a former Futures broker with good knowledge of options math and probability theory... )

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by Samoht on April-01-2003 at 8:00pm
View Samoht's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Samoht Search   Quote Samoht Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Samoht
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
April-01-2003
3 Posts

Quote: Originally posted by BillDrew on March-06-2003

To do it exactly right, you will want to convert your "2d" image to an equirectangular projection before padding.  But if the FOV is small (less than something like 60 degrees or taken with a 38mm equiv focal length or more) it doesn't really matter much if it is cylindrical, rectilinear, or equirectangular.

Where can I find software, which performs such an equirectangular projection?

Regards

Thomas

Message posted by BillDrew on April-02-2003 at 11:54pm
View BillDrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BillDrew Search   Quote BillDrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BillDrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-11-2002
10 Posts

I use the Panorama Tools plug-in with PhotoShop.  Equirectangular is called PSphere there.

There is a lack of consistant terminology running through the whole topic of projections.

Message posted by Samoht on April-03-2003 at 12:31am
View Samoht's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Samoht Search   Quote Samoht Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Samoht
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
April-01-2003
3 Posts

Thank you Bill.

Yes, I have found the PS plugins yesterday.

But what are the correct plugin parameters for HFOV and VFOV?

My digital camera has a 28 mm lens.

I will upload in the next hour a tiny virtual tour to http://coopernet.info/easypano

The starting point is a 2d flat image.

It would be nice, if you correct the settings for the java applet and the starting image.

I?e already made some tests, but the results are not so good.

HFOV will be 65 and VFOV 0 (PS plugin).

Cu, Tom

Message posted by Samoht on April-03-2003 at 1:21am
Samoht
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
April-01-2003
3 Posts

The (wrong) example is online.

the path for the normal not transformed image is:

http://coopernet.info/easypano/easy.jpg

Cu, Tom

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register