Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Modelweaver

Subject Topic: Hardware query Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on July-16-2005 at 6:12am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Steiner,

No I don't use a Bezier (Path) tool but use the Magic Eraser Tool and the Magic Wand Tool.

I don't use a blue or green screen as such but "Black and White" using manual white balance and then manual levels in Photoshop to "tell" the program what white is or what black is.

Visit www.smooth360.com/swap and mouse over image for states.

Each job is charged differently my standard charge is $55.00 AUD including GST/Tax per hour.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on July-16-2005 at 9:34am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hey Smooth

Yes, the magic eraser is pretty cool - but it often cuts away unwanted colors (especially if you're using white as a backdrop).  That's why blue or green screens tend to make life easier - less likelihood of finding those bright colors inside your object.

I also mess with manual levels (Shadow/Highlight under Adjustments is good too).  However, I'm not sure what you're calling manual white balance?  Are you talking about curves?

Cheers

Steiner

Message posted by smooth on July-16-2005 at 10:00am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Steiner,

Blue and Green is no good for chrome which I photograph a lot. So White or Black is better for this application. (Chrome being reflective and all!)

Manual White Balance is in your camera not Photoshop. You use the eye droppers in Photoshop Levels to tell the program what is white and what is black

Left eye dropper is for Black

Centre for Grey

Right for White

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on July-17-2005 at 10:39am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Ah, understood (about the white point).   Smooth if you find the time, it would be very helpful if you could list the steps in this particular workflow. 

I've tried messing with your scooter image but am not getting to a point that I could stop using the bezier tool. 

Cheers

Steiner

Message posted by VT360 on August-16-2005 at 12:22pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

thanks for the link smooth.

has anybody seen a viewer from an easypano competitor (isee) that when you zoom into tthe object, it renders and improved higher resolution image. you can zoom in and out and the viewer automatically displays a good resolution of the image.

is there any way to make modelweaver do the same? or use ptviewer for this??

Message posted by VT360 on August-19-2005 at 12:35am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

hey smooth,

i set up a home made little 20" inch studio for small items. using cardboard and white printer paper of 8 x 11.  Basically  i want to go from here to here

www.smooth360.com/swap  just like ur scooter.

my orignals come out similiar to ur originals. meaning the background is not 100% white like this forum page.

i try using the image-adjust levels and im able to get the nice white background color and im able to do this, but the item/model also gets affected and those looses quality and the colors look bad for the item.

what do you suggest?

thanks

Message posted by smooth on August-19-2005 at 2:08pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I would need to see an actual photo.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register