Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: high quality issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by BrahmaVision on January-15-2007 at 11:57am
View BrahmaVision's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BrahmaVision Search   Visit BrahmaVision's Homepage www   Quote BrahmaVision Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BrahmaVision
Standard Member
Standard Member
Slovakia
January-13-2007
21 Posts
Hi all,

I spent money for one shot hw., for the same purpose - time.
However, after my experiences with the system I learned that the image quality achieved by stitching of several photos and downsampling is uncomparably better than result given by one shot system. Imagine, you have 9 MPix camera - what is the resolution of your final panorama (You have donut image - final image will not be even 9 MPix)? And what is the resolution of stitched panorama? You can get the result of ...say 50(?) MPix camera...
And if you compare two images with the same resolution, one taken by 10 Mpix(...+ downsampling) and second by 5 Mpix camera You would see the differences.
The second thing is that the quality of mirror does not correspond with quality of camera lenses ... the degradation is remarkable...
As for me I advise one shot systems only for reality commerce panos...

For the newcomers I would recommend- If You want to save the time, it is better to buy second computer for the same amount of money and engage both computers in stitching your panoramas at the same time. If Your pictures are well taken, cheap sw. like PTGui has no problem with very nice stitching. Stitching of cylindrical pano is very fast...
What do You think, boys?
Yours,
Igor

-------------
Mgr. Igor Socha - BRAHMA VISION, Slovakia
My Link
Sorry 4 my English      

Message posted by mstoss on January-15-2007 at 12:36pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Hello Igor,

regarding quality you are right. A single mirror shot containing all image information (minus the black areas) can physically not contain as much information as several shots with the same camera stitchted together. Nobody would deny this. Regarding speed I think the mirror systems are not so bad at all. You can virtually walk from one room to the next shooting. De-donuting (don't know the right word) is a matter of minutes and even with 360precision and template stitching, you'd need a bit more time.

It simply is a question of speed vs. quality, though I would say nowadays it is a question of very very high speed w/low quality vs. very high speed w/excellent quality. Therefor I would go for non-mirror systems if speed has not the absolute maximum priority.

Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register