Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Still not loading fast enough Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by daugaard47 on February-09-2007 at 1:44am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
i have read the other post on loading ,but i must be doing something wrong. how can i get this tour to load in under 10 sec. someone told me to reduce the size of the first scene,waiting image, and skin (1st scene is 106kb /waiting image is 206kb and skin is 35.2kb)
i do have around 19 pano's in this tour ,but most of them are around 150kb. Do the panos load as the tour is going?(for example ,im looking at the first scene and the second scene is load in the background.
If someone could set me straight on this ,i would appreciate it very much.
Here is the Tour Link
http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/Samples%20for%20web%20page/quick/Tourviewer_quick.html

Message posted by smooth on February-09-2007 at 2:14am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Chris,

Loading your tour "page" from nothing on my broadband connection took 22 seconds to see the splash and then another 6 seconds to see the first "still" and "skin".

Yes, all the panorama and still images are being downloaded in the background and your tour won't work smoothly until they are all down. This is why optimizing is critical and normally don't recommend going over 10 scenes. If you need more than 10 scenes then link one tour to another tour.

This test was done with Internet Explorer 7.0 and Microsoft JVM.

Also understand that delivery speed could be "your" server and not that of the person's computer connection downloading.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Thatone1785 on February-09-2007 at 2:23pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Your skin zip file is over 700k...

All things in this folder include:
All skin images - loading images - all hotspots - floor plan - help screen - config text file - thumbnails.

What I noticed that is making your skin file larger is your mouse over images (place your mouse over a hotspot to see the still photo) - All of the are considered hotspots and are adding 350K (half) to your zip file. Your help image is in .jpg format and for its size, you could convert that to .gif format and bring it from 40k to around 5 or 10k.

Also, you skin background gif is a good size, it would be hard to get that any smaller... But, you logo is over 200k... I would recommend reducing the size to a small logo vs taking up the whole screen, and get that size down to about 10k or less, We got our real estate logo down to about 4k, and it is still very obvious that we are the creator of the tour!

Hope this helps... Keep in mind, that if you are going to continue using the mouse over function to display your still photos, that you are going to have a larger skin file.

Something that we do on occasion is for example, in a scene like a master bedroom, we us a hotspot pointing to the master bath to display the master bath still as a scene and then put a hotspot in the master bath still photo that links back to the master bedroom... Not quite as convenient as the mouse over effect, but it works. And, as one of the other forum members stated in another post of yours, why do you need a mouse over to show the front of the house still when you are already looking at it?

If you want your tour to load in less than 10 seconds, then you should get you zip file to around 100-150k - Keep in mind that the .jar file, first scene, and the zip file have to load before anything is displayed... And of course, load time is going to depend on the users computer - Older and slower machines will load java much slower than new ones

Message posted by daugaard47 on February-09-2007 at 6:47pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
thank you guys for setting me straight one this. i will take your advice. I guess i really don,t need the picture in picture rollover hot spots (just thought it looked cool) I will try to get the waiting image around 5-10kb or just go back to my old logo.i guess, just get everything as small as possible ,but keep the quality and that should do it.
i have been messing around with this program called advanced jpeg compressor
http://www.winsoftmagic.com/
it supports all formats.do you think this would be a good purchase for me. by the way Thatone ,what is that program you use to do the slide shows.
   Thanx again for the advice
                            Chris

Message posted by smooth on February-09-2007 at 11:41pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

www.kissmyimage.com is the recommended jpg compressor because you can nominate the maximum file size required. It was developed by one of our forum members here on the Easypano forums (Marktold) in conjunction with Thomas the developer of Pano2QTVR.

You should only compress as hard as you can that doesn't effect the "eye" as there is not much worse than an over compressed image to take the shine off something. Also don't overlook using .gif format for graphic art (non photographs).

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by vtcoordinator on February-11-2007 at 11:41am
View vtcoordinator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vtcoordinator Search   Quote vtcoordinator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vtcoordinator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-08-2005
24 Posts

I just downloaded the trial version of kissmyimage and it looks like it could be very convenient and useful. I only compressed about a dozen images then optimized the same images in Photoshop and found the quality to be very similar. For those of you that have used this software for a while and own both, are there reasons you use kissmyimage over PS? Quality, ease ?

Thanks,

Mike

Message posted by smooth on February-11-2007 at 11:56am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You can "Batch" easily and you can nominate the maximum file size in kb. It is also somewhat cheaper than Photoshop!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by marktold on February-12-2007 at 3:44am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

@smooth

Thanks for the flowers

@vtcoorinator and all

I can tell you why I had the need for this software.

When I am done stiching my panos I display them in different players and sizes. I have the approach that I think the max time for download is given.

If I display a pano at (lets say) not the best quality it is still better then the client has to wait to long for a good image but leaves tha page before it finally loads.

So I wanted a easy way to reduce my images to max 500 kb for small images and max 1,5 mb for big images.

I was never happy with PS actions and any other software so I wanted something realy simple (KISS)

This was the reason for development. Since I can create profiles and send to for context menu it helps me very much on my daily work.

Once I created the final images TIF and JPG (at max Quality) I just right click the jpg image and send it to kissmyimage which will reduce the size in pixel and set the max size.

Opening Photoshop takes me longer then reducing my images.

I also use it as webpublisher for my clients when they have to reduce images for the CMS of there site. I never would like to show a client of mine PS to reduce images he took with his web cam.

Kiss MyImage is so simple anyone can run it - This is because it does only one thing and one thing only - Reduce JPEG images in size (pixel and kb)

Nothing else - no BMP, no RAW images just one task.

Bottom line is - I use it every time I have to reduce image.

Regards Markus

PS: I also had sometimes a line in the image when I reduced with PS. Not sure I can proove it was because of PS but never had it with Kiss MyImage.

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by marktold on February-12-2007 at 3:52am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Funny I was just reading the next thread

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=2722&PagePosition=1

and saw that they had the same problem as I did.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by vanama on February-12-2007 at 11:17am
View vanama's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vanama Search   Visit vanama's Homepage www   Quote vanama Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vanama
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-01-2007
4 Posts
Hi All!

If you run CS2 and Bridge you can get "Dr.Browns 1-2-3 Jpg converter". Nifty little tool. Lets you batch out of bridge with upto 3 sizes into any folder (automatic sub folders for each size) and quality settings can also be adjusted. He also has some other very usefull and time saving tools.

And its FREE!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register