Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Frames or Masks in TW2 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rs360vt on August-19-2007 at 5:24pm
View rs360vt's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rs360vt Search   Quote rs360vt Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rs360vt
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-13-2006
37 Posts

Hi Harry,

Your suggestion works for the viewer alone.... but it does not work if you want to have a design overlay the viewer, the map and other tour components.

Unless you can show me otherwise.

Richard

-------------
R Scutt
360virtual-tours.net

Message posted by smooth on August-20-2007 at 1:17pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Make your image how you wish it to appear. Take a screen capture of the tour in build mode. Crop it to the area of the viewer window. Remove the area not required to overlay the viewer window (I.E keep the bit you need) and save as a transparent .gif. Send the background tour image to back/bottom. Now place the frame image over the top of the viewer. Use the X, Y coordinates to place it 100% correctly. This image will be 100% the same size as your viewer window and the overlay image will align perfectly with the tour background image.

Job done!  

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on August-22-2007 at 10:20pm
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts
Smooth, Harry, Richard, and all,

That works great for the viewer window, and we've been using that on some of our tours to round the corners of the viewer, but the same principal doesn't work for the map window. Yes, you can put a transparent frame/image over it, and view the map, but you can't interact with it, as the image is over the map. BUT if you take that same frame image, and slice it into a top edge, side edges, and bottom edge, then they will only cover the edges of the map, and the center will be clear to interact with. Works like a charm really. I have found that if the inner edge of the curves are a neutral or dark color, looks a lot better than a light or white color. Now, what would be nice, would be support for .png with transparency as overlay buttons and frames. One can always dream. Hope this helps. BTW, if anyone wants to see this in action, I'll be happy to post a URL.

Cheers!
Hawkaye

Message posted by Fisheye on September-04-2007 at 2:47pm
View Fisheye's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fisheye Search   Visit Fisheye's Homepage www   Quote Fisheye Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fisheye
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-04-2007
3 Posts
I would love to see this in action. Please post the URL if possible. Thanks, Hawkaye007!

-------------
Thanks,

Fisheye Mike

Message posted by smooth on July-29-2008 at 1:23am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on August-20-2007

............... overlay the viewer window (I.E keep the bit you need) and save as a transparent .gif. 

As an update, you now have the option to save and use as .png and this allows for even better results.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register