Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tours don't load completely?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on December-11-2007 at 1:36pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The Java loaded fine for me again using I.E 7.0 and Microsoft JVM. The flash version like Dave stated hangs at about 20% on the loading window.

Have you tried to recompile the Flash version again? Maybe the upload got corrupted? Did you encrypt the flash version? Maybe this is not compatible with your server? All we can do is surmise.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tdmerch on December-11-2007 at 4:47pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

I did not encrypted the images.  I just deleted the flash files on my server and uploaded them once again.  My internet provider is sending a tech out tomorrow.  He could open the tours just fine at his office site.

Tom

Message posted by 360texas on December-12-2007 at 10:14am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I am using Flash version 9 to see the panoramas... well at least 20% loading part.

I think Tourweavers/Flash component uses another technique to display Flash.  Its not a normal .swf flash file.  It might need XML to make it work.. so the  "config_caribou.xml" must also be uploaded.

<script type="text/javascript">
 // <![CDATA[
 var so = new SWFObject("twviewer.swf", "sotester", "790", "650", "9.0.28", "#E6E4C5");
 so.useExpressInstall('expressinstall.swf');
 so.addParam("allowNetworking", "all");
 so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");
 so.addParam("allowFullScreen", "true");
 so.addParam("scale", "noscale");
 so.addVariable("lwImg", "caribou_waiting_vt.gif");
 so.addVariable("lwBgColor", "255,230,228,197");
 so.addVariable("lwBarBgColor", "255,0,102,0");
 so.addVariable("lwBarColor", "255,0,204,0");
 so.addVariable("lwBarBounds", "158,520,474,8");
 so.addVariable("iniFile", "config_caribou.xml");
 so.write("flashcontent");
 // ]]>
 </script>

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tdmerch on December-12-2007 at 11:44am
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Wow, my local internet provider sent out a tech this morning and he went through the system and figured it out.Why wouldn't the Java VTs open on my home computer? 

• My Linksys router needed a firmware upgrade!

Now the Java VTs are working fine.  I will be looking at why the Flash VT doesn't load next.  It may be the way I stripped out the Easypano html script so I'll try leave it in and update the tour.

Tom

Message posted by 360texas on December-12-2007 at 5:17pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm who would have thought it would lead back to a firmware update.

Which Linksys rounter are you using? We are using a 5 port hub/wireless router [WRT54GS Version 6 ].

The other day when we were talking on the phone we talked about connection speeds.  Here is the SpeedTest site I use.  I select TX Richardson.

http://helpme.att.net/dsl/speedtest/

Our DSL modem is rated for 8 mbps although we use aDSL 3.0 mbps connection. 

On our 100baseT Cat5 Wired workstations we get 2.54Mbps Down and 439.12 kbps UP.

100BaseT

100Mbps baseband data transmission over twisted-pair copper wire

The Linksys Wireless G  which can handle 54Mbps.  On my wireless notebook I get 2.3Mbps Down and 437.4 Down.

Looks like we can transfer data at the Speed of Light only to be slowed down by slow routers, modems and copper wire.

Would be interested in learning about how you fixed the Flash thingy.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tdmerch on December-12-2007 at 6:44pm
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Dave: I have the Linksys Wireless-g 2.4 GHZ with SpeedBooster Model WRT54GS V.2.  I tried your speed test site, it's nice.  I download at 1.351 Mbps, upload at 615.38.

I uploaded the same files for the flash tour, after I got the router firmware update, and it works.  I wonder if when I uploaded the files before, the router was dropping some of the file data, I don't know.  One think I noticed when I use my FileZilla FTP to upload the files, before the update, the image_*.zip file would stall and sometimes timeout.  When I would start the upload it would stall at the same spot, around 57% done.  After restarting a few time it would eventually complete the download.

Hopefully this will be the last I have to report about my loading problems.  The thing I worry about now is, why was it not openning for the other people?  Lots of variables.  I did add a line on the VT, "If you do not see an image above click here for Java info."  I made a page that explains a few things about MS Explorer and a link to the Java.com's varification/download page to check if they have the most recent Java version.

Thanks everyone,  Tom

Message posted by smooth on December-12-2007 at 11:53pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I can report that now both the Java and the Flash tours load and work correctly.

Be sure that you are using the most current update of FileZilla FTP as this broken connection issue was one of the bugs fixed on the last upgrade.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register