Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Selling this panagraphic solution Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by stealth on February-11-2008 at 10:32pm
View stealth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stealth Search   Quote stealth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stealth
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-05-2008
16 Posts

Wide-eyes:

Have just begun to study VIZMARK which you offered. It is a beautifully understated site. And they try to be straight forward with pricing as well. I can really appreciate a group coming into the home I want to sell telling me what they say in this web site. Appreciate the fact that pulling it together may take a week, without saying it because this is an art form worth doing it right. I found myself evaluating the pool as to how to best enjoy being there and putting myself in the shaded porch only to discover that there was a dot there. So I sat in the shade and scanned the scene as if with a limeade in my hand.

How much work is there in building the rooms in the map?

-------------
Robin

Message posted by thedhgroup on February-11-2008 at 11:01pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
Thank you Stealth for asking great questions.

I started doing VT work 5 years ago and service the real estate market in Southeast South Dakota USA. There are only about 1800 active listings at any one time and two other 360 degree VT providers in the area, I work full time and make OK money. I only charge from 75 to 110 per tour and each have from 4 to 14 scenes with full HDR on every scene. My workflow is so streamlined that after I take my memory card out of the camera and put it into the card reader, less than 40 minutes pass and the scenes are ready for the final step before tourweaver (photoshop). Usually this is done on my laptop while driving to the next appointment.

I've put a lot of blood sweat and tears into this business and I have not had to advertise for the last two years, the phone just keeps ringing. Granted, my output is not as good as the best of the best but I think it is good for what I charge.

Lately I have been doing a lot of time laps photography and simply shooting still shots for the Realtors. Diversification helps keep things interesting.

Try hard and it will work. But get a workflow that works for you so your not up all night clicking your mouse to death.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on February-12-2008 at 6:54am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Robin

I know that the website from www.vizmark.co.za is a template from templatemonster.com so if you like it a lot, you can always buy it your self.

I don't know how much time vizmark have spend making the map, but I think it can be done fairly quick when you get familiar with the software.

Just a quick list of potential target groups that I found is wirth targeting - besides realtors:

- Hotels
- Restaurants
- Specialty stores
- Golf centers
- Contractors
- Architechts
- Decorators
- Turist attractions

Good luck to you.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on February-12-2008 at 7:54am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

BTW

Update on floorplans.

As I mentioned I don't know how vizmark have produced his floorplans, but if you click the first tour at the left @ www.wideeyes.dk you'll see a tour with a floorplan made with floorplan3d

regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by emarts on February-12-2008 at 9:31am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by stealth on February-11-2008

Emart,

I'm going to have a hard time marketing myself as a full service media company.

I have practical experience with digital video through Premier as an event videographer/photographer. What would be the best company for the paper products you are describing....or would you describe yourself as an artist? Or, do you come off like an artist? Are you creating original work for stationary?

You give me courage.

Concentrate on what you are good at. However, if you want to pursue the print end of things, you may want to team up with someone with that expertise. Look for forums where other creative people hang out. GFXARTIST.com is a good one (although it's international). You could probably put an ad in craigslist.com, but beware of scammers. Without the freelancers that I use, it would be hard for me to focus on Virtual Tours. For instance, I just finished a job for a customer who wanted a DVD created. I farmed it out so that I could take on another photo-shoot.

Also, I work part-time for a design company that has on-demand printing services. That is a huge help with a lot of the print work that i do. I also purchased a large-format printer and started an online printing company called www.printingartwork.com. By forming alliances with other companies, I've managed to keep busy and make a little money.

If you look at my website (www.em-arts.com), you'll see that I bring together photography, art and design. So yeah, I do market myself also as an artist. I don't create stationery, but I develop corporate ID programs. Do you see the difference? Developing a company's Corporate ID will get you more money than simply designing a letterhead and envelope.

Message posted by rfh12002 on February-12-2008 at 5:30pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

If I can throw my bit in here (and I'm almost full time as a teacher - I have a very different approach to the money side of things here because of that) the workflow is really important. I've been doing things for almost three years now and I'm still refining the workflow so that I can focus on what I can bring to the tours I make (as I'm not a photographer) - in this case the text and accompanying sound.

I even laminated my workflow so it goes with me all the time! Did that too with some of the camera instructions at first and stuck it to the camera.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by stealth on February-12-2008 at 9:21pm
View stealth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stealth Search   Quote stealth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stealth
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-05-2008
16 Posts

thatone785:

I really appreciated your perspective and agree with you. With the luxury boat market, is it exclusively for sales or are you customers interested for rental or insurance purposes?

-------------
Robin

Message posted by stealth on February-15-2008 at 4:29am
stealth
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-05-2008
16 Posts

rfh12002,

Is that workflow something you consider to be a unique personal fit? Or do you see the flow differently?

-------------
Robin

Message posted by rfh12002 on February-15-2008 at 6:39am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Well I do tours of historical places - often towns etc so there is a huge amount of research into which places have exactly the right amount of 'stories' behind them. Thats the part I have to focus on - more so than the actual image quality.  I also add considerable text and then audio voice overs and then put all of this into an autorun piece of software along with video clips...quite a piece of work etc.

I am looking at improving the image quality and have bought a Sigma 8mm.  Remember - I already have a job so can afford to take time over money earning opportunities here.  Lots of practice and lots of reading advice on here has helped me improve but I'm no photographer and thats made it hard. It has, however allowed me to approach this from a different perspective - that of a user who wants images rather than a photographer who needs users - which maybe there are more of on here.

When I set out to do this I looked at the type of things being produced - 'virtual tour CDs of historical places' and realised that in most cases they were being made by software companies, who had the autorun but didn't know the info properly and saw 360s as a nice gimmick and nothing more.  The quality of info and of info was poor so I set out to ensure that in both these areas mine would be better. My quality isn't super but its MUCH better than what i've seen the 'opposition' do. I know I need to improve it for full screen panos - I get found out there - but this is a possibility.  I keep looking for historical places which interest me and then see if there is a local history group related to it. If there is then I get their support and start making the tour CD.  The group gets some of the proceeds and I get most of them.  Everyone wins AND I have a group very keen on marketting and selling my product.

Its taken me three years of fine tuning and hard knocks - including one fiercly critical man who didn't realise that you could actually control the 360 scene and instead just sat and waited for it to autorotate... Like everything, you learn more from the criticism and mistakes probably than the successes but I've had a ball doing these and now am poised to release something in the region of 16 virutal tour CDs by the end of this year. 1 is out already and is quite decent (aside from an awful intro pano..) I figure that I can make around 5 per CD profit...

If I can help more please just yell but as I said its been a long road, probably too long for someone relying on income at that moment, and has cost waaaay more than its earned but I hope the fruits are around the corner!

-------------

Message posted by rfh12002 on February-15-2008 at 6:40am
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Sorry that should read 5 per CD profit (UK pounds) and also 'the quality of info and of panos' for earlier on.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register