Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Less quality during rotation Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tdmerch on December-10-2003 at 7:32pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

I put together a two demo virtual tours for anyone to take a look at.  One is with the Tourweaver 1.02 and the other tour is with the same images using PTViewer Scripter.  This is the first time for me to post links on this forum to any of my work.

Tourweaver demo: http://www.go360media.com/capitol1/demo_vt.html

PTViewer Scripter demo: http://www.go360media.com/capitol/rotunda.html

If you have a chance to compare these tours, I would appreciate your input.  I'm still not sold on the viewer quality of Tourweaver but I love the other features.

Thanks,  Tom

Message posted by 360texas on December-10-2003 at 8:37pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I watched both scenarios.

If production costs were a factor push come to shove... I would take the ptviewer scriptor version.   With a little bit of extra effort.. you can easily replace the circular blue targets with the 'arrow' gif's.

The fading from one image to the next.. is not significant compared to quickly seeing the next image.

Great View ... thanks for the show and tell comparision effort. The panoramas are really quite high quality.

Only a single thought this evening.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on December-11-2003 at 8:18am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Good on you Tom,

You took your first step and showed off your very nicely built and stitched panorama's.

Highly impressed, keep up the great work.

Now that I have finally seen the "about window" I think the only major complaint is the URL to easypano.com if this was removed I think I could live with the right mouse click. Would I pay $399.00 USD for it? I don't think so, I can build them using PTViewer and javascript for free. Still if people don't want to get educated then it still looks to be a very nice program and would speed up the building process.

Again thanks for the look Tom.

Best regards, Smooth

Message posted by tdmerch on December-12-2003 at 12:46pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Thanks for the input.  Did anyone see the narrow band in the center of the image that I was talking about?

I incorporated a link to a higher res image of the portrait of our last govenor here in Minnesota, Jesse Ventura using the "Zoomify" program that Dave told us about back in July.  I think it's a real neat program, thanks Dave.  Have you heard of Jesse Ventura?  He was a pro wrestler before becoming govenor of Minnesota, quite a charecter.  I kind of like the portrait.  Check it out. 

http://www.tommerchant.com/portrait.html

I couldn't get the "Zoomify" image to work on my main business site.  The administrator at the hosting company isn't interested in helping me figure it out but when I uploaded the files to the server for my personal site it worked just fine.  My personal website provider in located in Australia! What do you think about that Smooth?

Tom

Message posted by smooth on December-12-2003 at 1:40pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Tom,

What do I think? Makes perfect sense to me! Your dollar is worth more then the Aussie dollar so you should be saving cash.

Yeah, of course we have heard of Jesse Ventura, I know him as an actor/wrestler. Nothing surprises me when things like this happen. We just put that under the heading "Only in America"

Mind you he is probably quite a smart man and may well do his job very well.

I can only assume you zoomify hosting problem is a "path" issue. Who is your hosting company?

Great to see your work, thanks Tom

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tdmerch on December-12-2003 at 4:59pm
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hi Smooth,

I enjoyed politics during Jesse's term, not that he is gone it isn't nearly as fun.  He wanted to legallize prostitution.

My "business" hosting company that doesn't handle the Zoomify files is: American Internet Inc at www.aaahosting.net  These guys said it works for them but they are running it off their server.  The link to the webpage on this server is: http://www.go360media.com/craguns/wedding_tm.html

My "personal" hosting company that works with Zoomify is : HostOnce.com at: www.hostonce.com  The link to the same set of files as the one above but on this server is: http://www.tommerchant.com/wedding_tm.html

Ever heard of Host Once?  I don't want to get too far off the original string but I do appriciate the input.  Thanks.

Tom

Message posted by smooth on December-13-2003 at 3:51am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tom,

As suspected your path is incorrect.

Because you have the items one folder down on the server.

Where you have:

zoomifyImagePath=legacy1c/

Should be

zoomifyImagePath=craguns/legacy1c/

and

SRC="ZoomifyViewer.swf"

should be

SRC="craguns/ZoomifyViewer.swf"

Hope this fixes your problem.

I have not heard of hostonce.com

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tdmerch on December-15-2003 at 11:02am
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Smooth,

I tried your suggestions and had no luck.  Both of these two examples are identical and the files are positioned in on the different servers the same way as, far as I can tell.  One works, the other doesn't.  It's a mystery to me.  If you can see something I don't, let me know.  I gave up on this months ago although it would be nice to have the Zoomify images on my business hosting server, it would look a little more professional.

Tom

Message posted by smooth on December-15-2003 at 1:03pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tom,

100% a path issue.

Check this http://www.go360media.com/craguns/ZoomifyViewer.swf

I cannot look at your image source because the directory is forbidden but it is their at http://www.go360media.com/craguns/legacy1c/

You will need to rebuild the flash content again, their is no reason that this would not work on your server. I you would like zip up all the files and send them via email to me and I will configure them for you to upload.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register