Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Need recommendations on where to purchase Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on May-19-2008 at 2:15pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Hi Donald and thanks for the information, I am checking with Morten about the rotator set-up. Where did you purchase your equipment? I have found several places that advertise very low prices which makes me suspicious.
Pixelator, I know these are both excellent cameras but I guess I'm just hung-up on the Nikon equipment. Been using Nikon since my Navy days, which was a long time ago.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by pixelator on May-19-2008 at 2:56pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Fair enough

You must admit though a Canon 40D for under $1000.00 ain't to shabby.

My wife just asked me last week to give her my wish list for my 40th birthday and fathers day. I gave her the list before knowing about the rebates. She just received an updated list with the 5D instead of the 40

Message posted by 360texas on May-19-2008 at 5:25pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

At least your wife is smart enough to ask for a priority list (now with rebates).

Hmm and I am 65 this year.  I'll tell you from where I sit... there are many years to go.. and yes I have a short list.. but need to earn the money first before go spending it.

This year we earned enough VT money to replace our aging computers and network. We now are running a gigabit (1000mbps) network with a terabyte network drive.  Get this our outbound network conection is a slow 6 mbps internet connection.  Something is wrong with this picture.

Did I mention that what used to take 3 -4 minutes to stitch.  Now only takes 57 seconds ?  Thats a quad core intel, 5d, Sigma 8 Raw  4 images 125mb final image.  Reduce to 1.5mb flash.  What works .. really does work.

Now have to find the clients to make it all work.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-19-2008 at 6:08pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
WOW Dave, I always thought I was the oldest on here, I'll be 62 in August. Looking forward to that early retirement SS check to go with my military retirement check.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on May-19-2008 at 8:47pm
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts

Jerry,

Bought the body through a Cameta auction on Ebay, right at $800, and the lens used from reputable seller for just under $500...  Both work perfect with no blemishes or short comings so far.  Just looking for the pano head now.

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register