Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Playing Tours on DVD/TV Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rs360vt on September-05-2008 at 12:15am
View rs360vt's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rs360vt Search   Quote rs360vt Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rs360vt
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-13-2006
37 Posts

Hi Guys,

I have a client who wants to be able to play his Virtual Tours on DVD on a TV.

He has 8 multiscene Virtual Tours produced on TW3 and wants to have a DVD with all 8 tours on, with the option of selecting which tour he wants to watch. A Menue facility will obviously be necessary.

Any ideas as to if this can be achieved, and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

rs360vt

-------------
R Scutt
360virtual-tours.net

Message posted by tbrusson on September-05-2008 at 3:42am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
You have to use a DVD software creator (I am using dvd studio pro but again it's mac only; there are many other cheaper softwware on the market which would allow you to make it),and proceed like for any "movie" dvd :

The only difference is that
1) try to figure out the size ratio of the TV if possible 4/3 or 16/9
(you might have to make a vtour according to the output size or use letterbox option with black bars on the side and.or below)

2) for best quality, capture screen activity or each playing scene(real time) so you get 8 movies

2) create the menu and link to the tours within the DVD software creator

Note : in order to get the best output quality, you have to use a double pass mp2 encoding
(2 pass at least ; for info some specialized mp2 encoder are used for hollywood movie DVD which can go up to 9 pass)

thierry

Message posted by takme360 on September-29-2008 at 12:11pm
View takme360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by takme360 Search   Quote takme360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
takme360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-19-2008
26 Posts
I tried this using a program called "Camtasia" but the movies came out choppy, like the tour was moving too slow. Is there a way I can output a tour as a movie file in TW3 to avoid this problem? Or does someone have a better program for capturing screen movies??

Message posted by tbrusson on September-29-2008 at 2:48pm
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
The "choppy" effect is not relatve to TW3.

Camtasia does it best to capture screen activity but it might not be the ultimate solution. It depends on the computer you are running camtasia.

As far as I am concern the best solution I came through is screenflow which is mac only but it can capture real screen activity as a H264 .mov

thierry

Message posted by 360texas on September-29-2008 at 3:27pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Slightly on/off topic.  This blurs the line single images and movies.

Remember the older point and shoot cameras that could take 10 second movie snippets ?

H246.4  movie HDTV 16:9 = 1920 x 1080 4gb CF = 30minutes.  There are many 10 second video clips sequenced together to make a very interesting presentation taken with new Canon 5d Mark II dSLR.

Visit Canon Digital Camera Learning Center.

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=2086

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register