Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Support Files | .vtp | .tw Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on December-05-2008 at 2:50am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Well that answers that question, Thanks Joe.

I have never tried to open a Tourweaver 1.3 .vtp project file in Tourweaver 4.0 and only now understand that Tourweaver 4.0 had the option to save as a .vtp so you could open it in TW1.3. (Don't understand really why this exists? and Joe mentions it will now be removed in the next build).

I only ever loaded .tw project files and only ever saved as .tw projects with Tourweaver 4.0

So hopefully this is your issue Pixel and you will have a happier day once you implement this process.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on December-05-2008 at 9:18am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
First I would like to echo what Joe has stated. Thank you Smooth and Dave for all the help that each of you provide here.

Joe, thank you for joining in and letting an Easypano representative be seen and heard in this thread it is greatly appreciated. I did submit a ticket and have heard nothing from it, something Easypano may need to work on in the upcoming new year. What I mean by this is that it you can get a response from the forum here much faster than getting the first reply from a ticket.

With that said it is not my intention to bash on Easypano. The original post will show frustration on my end. It is only frustration! I have been happy (for the most part) with Easypano products with ease of use. As Smooth has mentioned it requires little to no coding, therefore the increase of cost. So now that my blood pressure has dropped a bit, let's see if we can figure out what went terrible wrong for me.

Here is a snap shot of how things look in TW4 on my pc...

First things first.
Smooth, is there anything wrong with my file structure? My project file is located in the main folder but the publish files are in separate folders.

Second.
Joe, as to my tour in this thread. Yes it works fine (almost) I use Firefox and when I got to another pc and viewed it in Internet Explorer I noticed that I was able to expand the viewer window to full screen. I did not want this and went to make the change in my project file. I opened the project file and that is when I noticed my scene images were not viewing. Along with transition effect. I selected fade in fade out and saved it that way.

This and the other tours were made in TW4 not TW1.3. I made this tour by downloading the "Mansion" tour components and built my tour around this. Adding things I wanted and deleting those I did not want. Bottom line is the tour was made using the latest TW 4.00.081127.

You have stated that .vtp is a file format for TW1.3. Why even make it an option in TW4? That makes no sense at all to me? I have files using the default save method...choosing the save image and not file save as that have come out like xxx.vtp.tw. So do I have a corrupt version of TW4? Why am I getting the option to save as .vtp?

Again this tour was built using TW4, I did not use files or open an existing project that was made using TW1.3 in TW4.

Message posted by smooth on December-05-2008 at 10:08am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on December-05-2008

First things first.
Smooth, is there anything wrong with my file structure? My project file is located in the main folder but the publish files are in separate folders.

Pixel,

To me it looks like a problem! as you are pointing to the .vtp files as being "Project Files" which they are only "part of" the project file set.(putting aside that these should be .tw not .vtp files) Each project file set includes a tourname.tw and tourname (folder) "full of contents"

The issue is you have two major components to a "Project File" this is the tourname.tw and tourname (folder) "full of contents".

Your "Publish Files" (which you really should place in a completely different directory) I feel you are publishing to the exact same directory and the publish tourname folder ends up overwriting the project tourname folder. Meaning you don't have a complete "project" set to re-open in Tourweaver.

What I'm trying to get across is that if you have a folder for the project named tourname (folder) along with the tourname.tw file you have a complete set of Project files for that tour.

If you publish this tour the exact same folder the "Publish" tourname folder that is created overwrites the project tourname folder (thus killing one (1) very important half of the Project set)

Hope this makes sense.

Bottom line - DON'T publish to the same directory as the project files and DON'T save as .vtp ONLY .tw

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on December-05-2008 at 3:07pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Smooth,

I was pointing to the .vtp to point out that if it is a file that was used in TW 1.3 why in the world is it in TW4?

As stated when simply choosing save I get a file that looks like;
tourname.vtp.tw  This I am guesing is way off, as it should be either tourname.vtp or tourname.tw

I'll move my published folders elsewhere.  I am having a hard time believing that ALL my problems are how my folders and files are setup.

Thanks for the help though.

Message posted by pixelator on December-05-2008 at 9:56pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Received word from EasyP today on my ticket...resolved!

I was thinking woo-hoo my problems are going to be fixed. Wrong! Word is that if you select to encrypt your images you can't use them again.

First, I did not check the box for image encryption...Actually the only box that was checked was the display scene name under right click menu.

Second, if that is really the case for image encryption why in the world would anyone select it, knowing you could not open your project to make changes...come on! I was born at night but not last night.

This is the very thing that aggravates me about EasyP...I spent the $ please show some support instead of insulting my intelligence.

Message posted by pixelator on December-05-2008 at 10:33pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
HELP!
I tried to move my project file. By opening it and then selecting save as .tw into the new location (no where near the published files) and it opens in TW4 and shows no images.

The file I opened was name-of-tour.vtp.tw

Also I tried moving all the folders and files into the new folder that was spit out with the .tw and did not make any difference. Why am I getting a folder with 7 folders in it just for saving a .tw project file anyway?

Blood pressure on the rise again...errr

I'm truly at a loss

Message posted by pixelator on December-06-2008 at 8:36am
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Folks let me just say this...
If you ever encounter a problem with this software or simply want to know how to do something with it, CONTACT SMOOTH immediately.

I started from scratch using my skin, added my scenes, set my settings and selected save as .tw to a folder on my C drive.
Selected publish to a folder that was located in my documents and wouldn't you know it...Smooth to the rescue.
Seems file structure and where you put things are VERY IMPORTANT when using TW4.

THANK YOU SMOOTH!

I have lots of work to do today as I have to redo 7 tours housing on average 14 scenes.

Would like the answer to one last question if I could...
How can I select it to publish to only one folder?
The output it gave me is like...
my-website.com/folder-name/folder-name/name-of-tour.html

I would like to have it...
my-website.com/folder-name/name-of-tour.html

Man, I can't thank you enough Smooth.

As for EasyP...
You all really need to work on your customer support. You make an amazing product but are failing miserably in the support department.

Message posted by smooth on December-06-2008 at 10:54am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Pixel,

Mate, thanks for the thanks!

Really though, Easypano set the program up so that it would output to one (Publish) folder and one (Project) folder as default. These are the Output and Workspace folders within the Easypano install directory.

But as you can see people can get confused and waver from this structure as Pixel did. 

You would upload your published tour from the Output folder to the Internet or CD/DVD etc.

What you choose to upload and how is totally up to you. What is required is that you do not break the file structure. So long as this is kept intact then there should be no problems. (remembering only to use naming of English letters and numerals a-z 0_9) It is also a good practice not to use CAPS or leave spaces between words. Instead it should be running letters or numerals.

Example:

• Dining Room.JPG is bad
  • dining_room.jpg is good
  • Bedroom (1).JPG is bad
  • bedroom-1.jpg is good

Now I know it is good to type with CAPITALS in the right places because it is the Queens English. But when it comes to computers and servers etc is not the place for CAPS and Punctuation.

Should you want to display correct Queens English within the tour that is fine you simple change the names within the Tourweaver program in the Properties & Actions tab area. This doesn't change the name of the actual files - just the displayed names and titles within the tour.

So what to upload?

Upload the "contents" of the published tour. NOT the folder it is published into.

This will be:

• tourname.html
  • Tourweaver_tourname.html
  • twviewer.swf
  • swfobjects.js
  • tourname (sub folder full of content)

this would make your tour address in the Internet:

http://yourwebsite.com/tourname.html (for the Pop-Up launch page to open a sized tour)

or

http://yourwebsite.com/Tourweaver_tourname.html (for the direct tour page)

Should you not want the Pop-Up page and only want people to view the full page simply don't bother to upload the tourname.html file.

It is highly unlikely you would want your tours uploaded without them having their own named directory. So you should make a folder that you want your tour known as. I.E: "beach" so you simply make a folder and call it beach, place all the output tour contents into the folder and upload.

It will then look like this on yo

Message posted by 360texas on December-06-2008 at 11:53am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Sometimes it really is necessary to write this much detail.  It helps when new folks try to do a "forum search".   Also it helps when someone asks the question.. and we can just point to the comment.

Thanks Smooth

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on December-06-2008 at 12:28pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on December-06-2008

Really though, Easypano set the program up so that it would output to one (Publish) folder and one (Project) folder as default. These are the Output and Workspace folders within the Easypano install directory.

While I certainly can agree to this, I would also add that I will not be using the default value or recommend anyone to use it.
I highly recommend using the drop down menu to select .tw then choose file, save as.
When using the default it will save it as a .vtp and a .tw...your file will look like name-of-tour.vtp.tw
Joe did make light of this with saying I was opening an old TW 1.3 file in TW4, which was incorrect. He has also stated that the .vtp function will be removed on the next build (which IMO should have happened as soon as they (folks at Easy P) saw this thread.

Just something more to add in hopes of helping others that may encounter this problem.

Tremendous, useful, aw inspiring post Smooth, I believe that earns five stars.

Dave,
This is why I try my best to give detail to the thread subject. It really helps with searching.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register