Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW3 Std Edition Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on December-27-2008 at 5:41pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Yes the Nikon D300 has live view, will have to try it sometime.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by smooth on December-28-2008 at 12:41am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Canon has a dedicated Mirror Lock Up feature in the custom menu so really there is no need to place it into live view mode. This though may have change in some models. Typically you press the shutter button once to lock mirror up and press again to shoot image.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mhc1 on December-28-2008 at 4:13am
View mhc1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mhc1 Search   Visit mhc1's Homepage www   Quote mhc1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mhc1
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
September-24-2007
62 Posts
It's easier handling using Liveview insted of the mirror-prerelease.
As I said : it's just one button: the center one, then your mirror is up and the Liveview activated.
The only issue: it uses more energy, so your batterie does not last as without Liveview.
Without Liveview app. 800 images, with app. 300.
It depends on your time to shoot, might be longer if you are faster.

-------------
ciao

mike
360de.de

Message posted by smooth on December-28-2008 at 6:27am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

OK, I understand the method. I think this would also work OK with the Nikon because the Nikon D300 doesn't have the dedicated mirror lock up feature (which is one of it's few down falls) but my preferred way is with the custom function on the Canon. In the end that same result so all is good.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mhc1 on December-29-2008 at 11:07am
View mhc1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mhc1 Search   Visit mhc1's Homepage www   Quote mhc1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mhc1
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
September-24-2007
62 Posts
Hi Smooth,
I will have a look at your mentioned function - it may save a lot of batterie though.
Wonder what will happen, when you activate the mirror-look-up AND Liveview.

edit:
I just tried it.
If you activate "Mirror-Lookup" Liveview behaves just as ever.
The main difference is, that the"Mirror Lookup" (Prerelease would the the right translation from German -> English) makes MUCH MORE VIBRATION !!!! than the Liveview!
When using "Prerelease" there is remakable shaking when the mirror swings up - you have to wait about 3-5 sec- then press the release again and the image is taken. The mirror siwngs back again after each single shot.
Liveview is different here: the mirror is kept open - so you don't have to wait and also you just press the release once.
As mentioned, the only issue is the increase in energy-consumption.
I dont think that it is a big issue that Nikon just "elimated" the "Mirror Lookup". Liveview is much more convenient.

-------------
ciao

mike
360de.de

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register