Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW 4.00 has been updated to 4.00.090409 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Genseng on April-20-2009 at 5:42am
View Genseng's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Genseng Search   Quote Genseng Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Genseng
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
May-12-2008
100 Posts

Hello ramon42, welcome to the forum!

I think it is about the size/resolution of the image, considering the loading time and display quality, the allowed largest image used in popup window is 2800x2800. so we recommend you to shrink the size of the image. 

Sorry for that we don't do a special notice about this in advance, hope you can understand.

-------------
Easypano
The Virtual Tour Way
Email:support@easypano.com

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on May-02-2009 at 2:22pm
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
This is the tour that I was talking about in my previous post. It is comprised of 3 parts that I wanted to have connected with videos. I had a terrible time getting the pointing links in the swf to work, which was the only way to have the flow of the tour work. This was necessary as there is no way to make the tour automatically proceed and viewers probably would not know how to make the tour continue.

Link to Tour

At the end of the first part of the tour, I had to use a link to a url because the video took too long to load, Is there a way to put a waiting image/loading function (preloader) on the white part of the loading page where the swf loads? Any video of any size will require this feature. I have one in the swf file but the video doesn't show until it is loaded. Please put this on the to do list along with multiple actions for pop up image capabilities.

The other parts of the tour are connected within the tour (no external url pages containing swf). Anybody have any ideas how to do this better?

Kerry

Message posted by Genseng on May-06-2009 at 3:49am
View Genseng's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Genseng Search   Quote Genseng Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Genseng
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
May-12-2008
100 Posts

Hi Kerry, welocme to the forum!

I have watched your tour, great!! I think Flash CS can do that loading image in the swf. By the way, i am very curious about how you make the tour continue to play when the swf finished.

-------------
Easypano
The Virtual Tour Way
Email:support@easypano.com

Message posted by DaMan on May-06-2009 at 6:14am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

That is a very nice tour.  Did you use que points embedded in the flv to get the next tour to play when the video was finished?  I also would be interested in knowing how you did it.  :)

DaMan

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on May-06-2009 at 3:39pm
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Thanks for the comments. DaMan, I did not use cue points because the swf file output by TW can't be used. Have you tried the swf feature? I just sent the following to Genseng which should answer your question.

Hi Genseng, Each Flash movie has a preloader, however, the movie loads externally and you don't see it until it is ready to play. This is why I would like to see a waiting image capability for the pop image. This could work the same way as the main swf part of the tour does. People won't wait for a 1mb movie to load in an image popup than they would for a blank screen to load a virtual tour. Each of those tours were separate directories and I used the "load at end" function of Flash to tell the browser what to do next and where to go. This would not be necessary if the tour could be paused, play the movie, then resume playing. This could be a great feature for TW4, but most people won't use it for the reasons I have mentioned. It can only be used as the last thing in a tour.

Kerry

Message posted by pixelator on May-18-2009 at 10:36am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
I have version 4.00.90123 have these issues been resolved yet?

I do not want to download the current version if it does not work.

Message posted by marktold on May-26-2009 at 4:53am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Thanks a lot for the preloading of the tours

Realy makes to product a whole lot better.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on May-29-2009 at 10:22am
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Hi All, Please check the tour now as I have added a slide show and was requested to provide a narration to the tours. What are the results on your computers? On mine the playback is perfect. On another it has long delays. This may not be acceptable to release. Suggestions and comments welcome.

Link to Tour

Kerry

Message posted by Brittan on May-30-2009 at 5:15pm
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
To Kerry,

I have downloaded your sound tracks which are the main issue in the voice cuts in the soundtrack.
I have noticed for instance that 'scene_ziptoppan_finale.mp3' a 1'14" track is encoded in stereo (needs mono perhaps)
The save as shows that its encoded in 256 kbps which is a lot for a human voice... 96 kbps should be more than enough and divide loading size a lot. Your file is 2.3 MB, this is very big, that can make sound blanks while loading.
Also Watch the sound level, compare the train movie sound to the voice level, you will see! I have only used iTunes and its info options, that can raise and low or equalize sound levels. (downloadable for free on PC also)

Played on Safari Mac...
Hope that helps

Regards

-------------
Mac OS X Tiger Or Leopard - VMWare fusion 2.05

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on May-30-2009 at 8:29pm
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Brittain, Thanks for your input and your time. I don't know much about sound (as you can tell). I will change to mono. I am using Sound Forge 8. I will set to 16 bit, 22,050HZ 56kbps Mono. I did change and what a change. That file you were talking about went from 2.3mb to 870kb. Thanks again.

Kerry

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register