Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Streaming video Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on July-29-2009 at 2:23pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by rfh12002 on July-28-2009
Sorry Smooth all I get is the video viewer looking all white and an obvious attempt being made to load something...

Not sure why you had this problem it appears to work for others? Maybe a bandwidth thing?

Anyway, you can see that the wrapper/container.swf file is calling the movie.flv file from the root directory. It's just a pity closing the pop-up image/swf crashes the browser. My tests show if it is a normal .swf file the crash issue doesn't exist.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tbrusson on July-30-2009 at 1:46am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
For video in flash, a streaming server is not necessarely required
(a dedicated server or streaming service comes at a cost which can turn to be quite expensive since it's related to the data transfered to the user)

If you have a dedicated server (which is better than a shared server in that specific case of video since you can have fluctuations of the performance of your website) you should go for a format which ensures most of the people can play it :
use h264 480x270 at 512kbit rate maximum.
This format ensures you get the best quality and that it can be played back on most machines with a regular dsl connection)

The video will play smoothly and there is a minimum wait at the beginning of the stream.

thierry

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-30-2009 at 8:15am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Got it - was an aol broswer issue - worked fine on IE but forgot to check that.

Was going to be cheeky and suggest that it would probably have worked on a Ford...

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by smooth on July-30-2009 at 8:39am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by rfh12002 on July-30-2009

..... it would probably have worked on a Ford...

Had that have been the case it wouldn't have got to the location!

AOL ? I have never met a person who uses AOL browser - wasn't that an American thing from the 1990's?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-30-2009 at 8:46am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

hehe

yeah I use aol 9.5...force of habit I guess, all my email come through there. If I ever find a good reason for sticking with it I'll be sure and let you know!

Couldn't resist a bit of the old Aussie Ford v Holden stirring

teehee

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by KVS Setty on August-01-2009 at 10:29am
View KVS Setty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by KVS Setty Search   Visit KVS Setty's Homepage www   Quote KVS Setty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
KVS Setty
Standard Member
Standard Member
India
July-30-2009
7 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on July-28-2009
I have uploaded a working sample of streaming video.

Click on the hotspot on the car headlight in scene 2

Regards, Smooth

Hello smooth,
You look like a master here,
How did you do this ?
is it a swf file or flv file and do we need to embed a flv player in that popup image window or what ? little bit confused.

A step by step inst is going to help a lot

Thanks in advance for the help.

I am just in the process of testing, learning and evaluating TW tool.
so sorry if it is dumb question

-------------
KVSSetty

Message posted by smooth on August-01-2009 at 10:50am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
KVSSetty,

The .swf file must reside in the published "resource" folder and you should place the container/wrapper.swf into the image pop-up. When you have done this and after publish add the "matching" .flv file to the root directory of the published Tourweaver tour.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by spacefossil on August-05-2009 at 4:47pm
View spacefossil's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spacefossil Search   Visit spacefossil's Homepage www   Quote spacefossil Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spacefossil
Standard Member
Standard Member
Colombia
August-05-2009
3 Posts
Smooth, I tried your stream video and loaded fine. It did crashed my Firefox browser as soon as I closed the popup window.

Now, is this video streaming in the popup an option also available in TW3?

-------------
Nikon D80
Sigma 8mm EX DG Fisheye lens
www.360PanoVista.com

Message posted by tdmerch on August-24-2009 at 7:11pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Wow, Smooth... That's a good looking car.  I haven't seen one of these before.  Is it yours?  What's the year?  Looks like a '57 Chev in some ways.  Someone put some serious tender lovin care into that machine. 

Tom

Sorry for getting off track.

-------------
www.go360media.com

Message posted by smooth on August-25-2009 at 1:47am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Hi Tom,

Yes it is mine and well loved and cared for. It is a "Holden" made by the (Australian Division of General Motors) known as GMH back then. Today it's Holden Limited.

Released in January 1960 the (FB) Holden surely borrows some design features from the Shoebox '57 Chev like the "Fins and wrap around glass" along with some actual Chevy parts like interior and exterior door handles.

My "Station Sedan" as it is marked is yet to reach 40,000 miles and I'm the third owner after father and son. I have owned the car since 1997 and made improvements every year. Showing and winning many awards around Australia to which I have always driven the car (never trailered).

The car has been awarded Top Original, Top Station Sedan, Top Car of Show ('05) at the annual FB-EK Nationals.

Thank you for your kind comments and your interest in this great Aussie classic (albeit US inspired!)

There is a little more about the car and a panorama in this thread

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register