Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Useing sound Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on November-30-2010 at 2:18pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
I'm seeing a cliengt tomorrow who'll want to add sound to a TW5 tour. I have not used sound as of yet but have reviewed the help files.
Can I confirm that I'll be able to have a background track as well as individual scene sound files that'll give a discription of a given scene? EP help files imply thbis is possible... or are there certain issues that I should know about? What about the mute button will this mute background and scene file together or can I actually control this individually? EP states that only mp3's can be played. Any issues here?
Sorry to be asking so many questions but I have no time to review the forum help pages anymore but'll be able to have a quick glimpse here in the morning.

Thx in advance gang ;-)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by realtor jerry on November-30-2010 at 4:44pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Yes on the dual sound files. Not sure on how the mute button will work using 2 files.  

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by pixelator on November-30-2010 at 5:20pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Hey mate,

Link To Latest Testing

Mute button works for the background .mp3 and also works on the second scene of the tour where the television plays a .flv.  Seems if you select the mute button it mutes both channels.

Easypano once claimed TW would have volume control but this has yet been implemented.  I will be testing Smooths recomendation of Audacity to better control (lower) the volume of the background .mp3

Hope this has helped

Message posted by madmux on November-30-2010 at 5:20pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Well, i guess we have no means to disable one sound while playing other. At least i didn't find a way to mute background-sound. If you use mute button - it mutes all the sounds.

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by donald on December-01-2010 at 12:06am
View donald's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donald Search   Visit donald's Homepage www   Quote donald Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donald
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
October-22-2010
114 Posts

Hello Phoenixrising ,

I'm sorry that TW5 can't stop one sound while playing another .I have submited this problem to our TW developer,when this problem is resolved I will send the solution to you at once.

-------------
This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.

Message posted by smooth on December-01-2010 at 2:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Mute within Tourweaver equals mute all sounds. .mp3 is the format required and you are best to stick with 44.1Kz, 128Kbps and 192Kbps for quality of sound and stereo output.

Until we can assign individual audio/video ID's the only way you can control audio individually is to add them to the tour via a flash object with their own controls. Using Flash objects will allow muting of individual sounds.

Try out the trial of Flash Music Studio

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by madmux on December-01-2010 at 11:38am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Thanks for a great idea smooth!

Madmux

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by pixelator on December-01-2010 at 4:22pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by donald on December-01-2010

when this problem is resolved I will send the solution to you at once.

Could you send it to all of us through the newsletter or post it as latest upgrades?
Thank you,
Pixel 

Message posted by phoenixrising on December-01-2010 at 4:24pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Thankyou all for your input guys... helped alot.

Hey Pixelator... love the TV spot... did you manage to solve the issue with multiple loads on welcome?

Madmux... looks like I'll be needing you deeplink tool ;-) I'm waitng for the client to confirm... but looks a go. Oh yes, was it on your site that I saw a menu in a flip book? If yes how do I do that?

Smooth... nice tip there buddy ;-)

Donald... look forward to the update to TW5. Will propbably be moving to TW6 as soon as the bugs are out.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by pixelator on December-01-2010 at 6:26pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixrising on December-01-2010

Hey Pixelator... love the TV spot... did you manage to solve the issue with multiple loads on welcome?

Thanks for the kudos!

Did not really "solve" it, that will be up to Easypano.
There are two options;
The first is to use the "button" to open and close the .flv and have no functions of play, pause, etc.

The second is to wrap the .flv in a .swf that gives you functions of play, pause, etc.  But with this the end user must click on stop/pause before closing/selecting the "button".  If this does not happen the sound continues.  If the "button" is selected yet again a new track starts.

I went with option one and simply placed a .flv into the pop-up and use the "button" to open and close it.  I have no controls but until Easypano gives another option, I feel it's the best at this point.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register