Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Glitch with TW6 Thumbnail Strip Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on April-22-2011 at 6:57am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

It is not the size which indicates the CPU consumption, but the executed code !

Try to create a new Tour without that upper left animation ;-)

Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by nerjaace on April-22-2011 at 7:10am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Thanks Domonique, I guess on that basis it could be an issue for EP. Naturally we now have the abaility to add these media types into a tour but if the executed code is detremental then that surely is a programming issue.

What do you think?

Message posted by smooth on April-22-2011 at 7:21am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yup, remove the flash logo in the upper left and try again.

Also the wmode, transparent can drive the CPU up on older computers. So you should remove that parameter as well and test.

But the CPU is jumping with the rotation of the flash logo it would appear.

I will say that the tour doesn't really have any adverse effect on my PC. But it is quite powerful. Older computers will suffer under the load.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by nerjaace on April-22-2011 at 7:35am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Thanks Smooth, I will do some experimenting.

Message posted by nerjaace on April-22-2011 at 7:55am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Ok I have tried a few experiments. Not sure if this is a real representaion but if I remove the logo and preview the tour the memory usage reduces from about 83000k to 76000k so no dramatic change.

Am I looking at the correct thing in Task Manager - Processes - Memory: Preview.exe *32

If I look at Domoniques website tour link I have a similar value around 90000k but Domonique has no animations.

Maybe I am comparing the wrong thing.

I should say what is an acceptable level of usage?

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on April-22-2011 at 8:56am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

In Task Manager, you should look at "CPU Time" or "CPU usage".

If these columns are not displayed, you can add them by :

VIEW -> SELECT COLUMNS

Check "CPU Usage" and "CPU Time"

On my system, while running your page, the IEXPLORE.exe process was taking 50% to 70% of "CPU Usage".

For sure, such nice tours (like the one you create) have a cost to pay for, I mean CPU ...
My fear is that for old PCs, the less CPU we use, the better the solution is.

Btw, it is just a remark ;-)

Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by nerjaace on April-22-2011 at 9:06am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Thanks Domonique, the more remarks the better or else I never learn so thanks for your comments.

I think the main problem I have is that I am using many swf images within each pano, i.e Lens Flare, animated logo, waves effect etc. I guess a combination of all is probably eating up CPU.

Message posted by willie on April-22-2011 at 9:11am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi,

I have noticed that I am only able to display up to 10 thumbnails on my tours. I have customers who spotted this and are not too happy. Has anyone got a solution from EasyPano yet? If a number of us are experiencing issues, then we should have a fix asap.

Willie

Message posted by Hoosier3D on May-14-2011 at 8:29pm
View Hoosier3D's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hoosier3D Search   Visit Hoosier3D's Homepage www   Quote Hoosier3D Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hoosier3D
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-21-2007
27 Posts
I too am getting very frustrated with this. I had other issues with running version 5, so I "upgraded" to fix those that support could not resolve. Now I am having this problem after paying the $200 to upgrade after a week of trying to fix TW5. So very frustrated!

-------------
Still learning the ropes.

Message posted by Tempestlight on May-18-2011 at 10:28pm
View Tempestlight's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Tempestlight Search   Quote Tempestlight Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Tempestlight
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-01-2010
26 Posts
Any idea of a fix yet? This is still an issue for me and i'm having difficulty with a tour today that i can't get the thumbnail strip to work properly. It is really eating into my production time and to say i'm pissed off with easypano is a gross understatment.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register